Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Login Rewards ( Aka Useless Crap)

ZWarhammer

I have been playing for about a month and I've logged in every day since, I have never gotten an Orokin BP of any sort, I have never gotten any Artifacts, I have never gotten any Warframe BP's, I have never gotten any Weapon BP's, nor have I ever gotten any mods.

That's a pretty crappy record.

Edited by BrianRyan

Actually, no, this isn't true at all.

With the 1-month system as the OP has described, I can start as a free player, pay nothing at all while I play for a single month (or even just Log In every day for a month, without spending more than a minute in-game), then after that month, start receiving free potatoes every day from that point on. I have essentially just waited out DE's payment methods and can now acquire everything that normally would have been more or less a platinum purchase, for free, not a cent.

Orokin Reactors and the like are rare to find for free in-game for a reason. They are pretty much a highly-desired item that need to be used frequently, but are cheap and purchasable through platinum. I'm certain I've seen it said that potato purchases are DE's highest grossing platinum product. To suddenly receive an endless amount of these items, for free, just for logging in for a month, is just circumventing DE's f2p model and screams abuse.

Your point is that we either get everything for free or nothing at all but have you ever heard of a reasonable middle ground ? my point is that as the rewards stand you get pretty much nothing from them but i'm not saying that every time you log you should get a potato, please learn read carefully before you start butt clenching.

If everyone was to write down their login rewards that they got after the closed beta you know what the results be ? lots of ammo boxes!

Sure some minority of people should have gotten some good stuff but if even that did't happen then the system would be considered to be broken.

We can sit here endlessly debating how it would hurt to do it this or that way, but the point stands the way it is now is not reasonable. 

No, I think what needs to happen is they need to lower chance of ammo box being selected on daily reward.  Just 2-5% lower chance I'm thinking will work well balance-wise.

2 - 5% lower than 50%+ (from my experience)? That doesn't really sound all that thrilling. I don't really get why ammo boxes are a tier 3 reward anyway...

Your point is that we either get everything for free or nothing at all but have you ever heard of a reasonable middle ground ?

You have a middle ground. It's called RNG, which means you could get something, or you could get something that is less than desirable, but still something. DE did not have to introduce daily rewards. There was no reason for them to do it beyond giving players an incentive to log in and play their game. There is no reason that the incentive has to be free potatoes or special drops that normally take a lot of time to get.

My point is that as the rewards stand you get pretty much nothing from them but i'm not saying that every time you log you should get a potato, please learn read carefully before you start butt clenching.

But that is exactly what the suggested change will do. It will increase the chances of getting potatoes enough to where you would never actually need to purchase one, yet you will still get them. The current alert system allows for this as well, but alerts with potato blueprints in them are also rare. Rare, just like the roulette handing you one is rare. Starting to see the pattern pertaining to potatoes forming? They are not meant to be gotten in large quantities through means as simple as logging on. Currently, if you get a BP from login rewards, you're just lucky. And that is fine the way it is, because those blueprints are meant to be rare.

If everyone was to write down their login rewards that they got after the closed beta you know what the results be ? lots of ammo boxes!

And what is the reason for the login reward to give you something better than that? For something that is essentially no effort at all?

Sure some minority of people should have gotten some good stuff but if even that did't happen then the system would be considered to be broken.

So the login reward system is broken because... what? You never state it clearly. Because it doesn't hand out free potatoes/BPs on a regular basis, but rather on a rare, luck-based basis, when normally you should be getting absolutely nothing at all because the long reward roulette is in no way, shape or form a requirement to have in this game?

We can sit here endlessly debating how it would hurt to do it this or that way, but the point stands the way it is now is not reasonable. 

But that point is wrong. The Login Reward isn't unreasonable at all. It accomplishes exactly what it is meant to do; be a small bonus for logging on, with a very small chance of rewarding something substantial.

For what reason does it need to be anything more than that?

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

I've decided to not bother with the login rewards anymore.

Basically what this guy said:

They're free.

If you've yet to figure out the obvious, consider the possibility of DE wanting people to obtain paid items for free and how that'd affect their profits.

Its hilarious to observe when people build a box within a box and do their thinking inside it.

Lol'd at your comment though :)

Was this supposed to be clever? Insightful? Random?

I'm still trying to figure it out. Call me, maybe.

I admit that that I may have come down a little harsh, but seriously who complains about free stuff? Take the log in reward away for all I care and I'd still be happy to play the game! Next time someone hands me a free cheeseburger I'll have to tell him its not good enough, go back to the grill and make me a free steak instead.

I think if someone spends an entire month playing this game they should be properly rewarded and in the end at that point they most likely have most of the stuff they want anyways.

This is the example i came up with but it definitely can be improved or changed.

I'm open to all suggestion on how to make this work better but please only use constructive criticism.

Thank you for taking your time to read through this matter and have a wonderful day.

I agree, I think by now you should have had at least 5 Orikin reactors and possibly up to 10 Orikin Catalysts, plus a few Blueprints.....yup, it's pitiful what you get just for logging in regularly.

The way i see it, this topic won't come to a conclusion unless people accept the idea of the current system not being ideal, it definitely needs improvements.

This is my opinion and everyone obviously has theirs but please... take a look at your awesome storage of ammo boxes before you come to a conclusion.

I made this topic to shine a light on this problem, but i can only show you the door.. you're the one who has to walk through it.

What are you crying about?

Either it's

"I want nothing! how dare you give me a gift for free! I want to earn all my gear"

(Which is quite similar to something you actually said) in which case; You earned it by logging in every day. Congratulations. Good job cadet, you are number one at space.

Or it's

"I don't want relatively cheap things! Give me all the best gear just for logging in"

in which case; There aren't words to describe why this is dumb.

You ask for excitement, and that's what they're giving you;

Almost all the time, you'll get handy, but relatively worthless, trash items.

But that one time in a blue moon, you'll get something quite valuable.

By keeping them rare, they keep them exciting.

Your very request is self destructive.

What are you crying about?

Either it's

"I want nothing! how dare you give me a gift for free! I want to earn all my gear"

(Which is quite similar to something you actually said) in which case; You earned it by logging in every day. Congratulations. Good job cadet, you are number one at space.

Or it's

"I don't want relatively cheap things! Give me all the best gear just for logging in"

in which case; There aren't words to describe why this is dumb.

You ask for excitement, and that's what they're giving you;

Almost all the time, you'll get handy, but relatively worthless, trash items.

But that one time in a blue moon, you'll get something quite valuable.

By keeping them rare, they keep them exciting.

Your very request is self destructive.

Once again is there a place for a solid middle ground to some of you ? I'm not gonna keep repeating myself so please learn to read.

Once again is there a place for a solid middle ground to some of you ? I'm not gonna keep repeating myself so please learn to read.

What middle ground?

It's a random chance.

If you want the chance increased, what you say in the OP is;

"Am I unlucky, or is the drop rate for anything decent ridiculously low? if it's the latter, I think it should be increased"

Not some rant about how horrible the system is.

Don't tell us we can't read if you're the one who can't articulate yourself.

What middle ground?

It's a random chance.

If you want the chance increased, what you say in the OP is;

"Am I unlucky, or is the drop rate for anything decent ridiculously low? if it's the latter, I think it should be increased"

Not some rant about how horrible the system is.

Don't tell us we can't read if you're the one who can't articulate yourself.

Alright lets keep this simple, if you're saying that it's random and that i'm just unlucky then please write down all the login reward you've gotten ( after the closed beta) and then ask anyone else then compare total numbers.

Also i've never seen a mod or a weapon blueprint rotating in the reward roster and if it's as random as you're saying consider to yourself how many mods are in this game and then consider how many ammo types are in this game. So why is it that most people have never gotten a mod from the rewards but everyone has gotten tons of ammo boxes.

What do your deduction skills say this time sherlock.

Edited by ZWarhammer

For me as it is now, daily reward system is nothing to relay on. In month of everyday loging in, all I get are ammo boxes. Even when it's being random, it should be at least a bit rewarding, and not that I get every freaking day pistol ammo box, which I will never even use. Funy thing this, on wikia you can read that your chances for better drops from daily rewards are geting higher if you constantly keep on loging in the game every day, but as I have said, ammo boxes for a whole month. Cheers

Alright lets keep this simple, if you're saying that it's random and that i'm just unlucky then please write down all the login reward you've gotten ( after the closed beta) and then ask anyone else then compare total numbers.

Also i've never seen a mod or a weapon blueprint rotating in the reward roster and if it's as random as you're saying consider to yourself how many mods are in this game and then consider how many ammo types are in this game. So why is it that most people have never gotten a mod from the rewards but everyone has gotten tons of ammo boxes.

What do your deduction skills say this time sherlock.

Flip a coin 10 times.

It lands heads 10 times.

Does this mean there is no tails?

"What do your deduction skills say this time sherlock"

Nobody ever said every item had an equal probability, they said it was random.

If you can't tell the difference, then I think you need to just back off a bit, finish high school, then you'll understand better than I can teach you.

Flip a coin 10 times.

It lands heads 10 times.

Does this mean there is no tails?

"What do your deduction skills say this time sherlock"

Nobody ever said every item had an equal probability, they said it was random.

If you can't tell the difference, then I think you need to just back off a bit, finish high school, then you'll understand better than I can teach you.

What you said about coins is true but there is one problem here if you were to think of ammo boxes as heads and of mods as tails then the fact that there are hundreds of mods and only 5 or so ammo types then don't you think there is something iffy here ? especially considering that people almost never get mods on regular basis.

Did they teach you at high school to answer questions with coin tricks that have nothing to do with the question in front of you or is it just your deduction skills again ?