Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Plea To De: Please, Diversify Resources And Their Use

Fenrisulfr

Ok,I'll keep this short.

Like the title said, I would like to see more different types of resources, but each with their own characteristics, including already existing ones. For example, Galium being used for certain distinctive types of melee weapons, some other resource for other types, grineer materials for grineer weapon, etc.

In other words, so that it makes sense.

I'm well aware this one is already partially in effect, but some things just feel weird. Alloy plate most notably, which is relatively hard to get, but is used almost in everything.

tl;dr Current system is on right path, but needs more polishing by adding more resources and making currents ones distinctive enough in their use.

I think that if there is to be greater diversity, there should be a way to either trade (with an NPC) or buy resources.  The availability of some resources (rubedo and alloy specifically) is poor (particularly in relation to their necessary quantities) for the early game and having a larger diversity would make this problem larger.

I don't think the current system is on the right path.  The "common" resources exist in such large quantities that I do not even consider them anymore, they literally have no value.  Meanwhile, when I was making things with any degree of frequency, I had to fight for every scrap of rubedo and alloy.

Maybe the mats could be used as replacement of mods when fusing ? So that we wouldn't wait to get 128 (!) mods of the same kind to get to level 8 of a mod.

Or maybe it could be used to help some global goal : like the operations, we could spend mats on time-limited goal that would chnage a little some rules in the planet they take place. For istance, using a lot of nano spore on Venus would transform for a day some of the corpus crew in infested ones.

Edited by vieuxchat