The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Higher Mastery Level Weapons

ZuryVarkoff

We have a lot of different type of weapons available at the moment ... but we(i) want more...

I like the Hek with it's ML4 requirement ... made me grind harder ... gave a pourpose to the ML advancement.

So why the lack of >ML0 weapon development ?

Last few patches .. Grakata, Twin Vipers, Ether twins, Glaive, Mire all ML0 requirement

Why is Bolto/AkBolto ML0 ? should be ML2/ML3

Viper/Twin Viper ML0 could be ML1/ML2

Dual Ether could be ML4 easy ... why make them accesable at ML0 ??

With the recent buff to the mission credits rewards (awesome) crafting weapons has never been easier ... (i have like 4-5 crafting atm in paralel with a new warframe)

I was looking at the materials type/ammount required for the craft and realised that a change is needed ... atm we have 4 material slots per craft + weapon bp witch is fine but i was thinking what change can you guys implement for a ML5/6/7 type of weapon craft and came to an elegant and simple solution:

Why not implement the warframes type of craft (BP+BP+BP+BP) to some high ML weapons also ?

example:

Pasma/Laser Assault Rfile "Tenno Mincer" (yes a Corpus prototype secret weapon) ML6 requirement

Damage:35 Ignore Armor property + 1.5x Dmg moddifier to infested/unarmored units + relative minimal recoil

Rate:      5.5

Acc.:       40

Clip:        50

BaseCrit:10%

CritDMG: 200%

Reload:   5.2 sec

Polarity slots: 2x "-" slots

Crafting this thing should be similar to crafting a warframe:

you need 1 "Tenno Mincer" BP that needs : 1 Frame(bp) +1 Electronic parts (BP)+ 1 Mechanical Parts (bp)+ 5 Orokin Cells

Frame BP: Galium + Alloy Plate + Salvage + Ferrite

Electronics BP:  Control module + Neural sensors + Circuits + Plastids

Mechanical parts BP: Neurodes + Morphics + rubedo + polimer bundles

Even thou it might sound OP at first it can be balanced by a really high reload(beeing a prototype of sorts), a large ammount of rare materials plus the warframe like crafting required: 1 purchasable BP + 3 farmed BP not to mention the high ML5/6/7 w/e requirement or the ammount of time required to craft 3-4 days.

The numbers are made up in like 5-10 minutes so take everything with a grain of salt, but i do hope you guys get the general gist of what i'm trying to say...

TLDR: high mastery level (5+) weapons craftable in the style of warframes (buy 1 BP farm 3 BP then assemble)

Simpler solution:

Higher mastery make all polarities increase the discount.

I.E For every +1 Mastery your polarities reduce the energy cost of all modules in polarities by 1 starting at the current default of -50%.

Thus you put a 10 point mod in a polarity - it becomes 5, you have mastery 5, the module now takes up 0 energy in that slot.

This would sync up with the proposed prestige system that allows people to add polarities so that in theory players could have maxed out modules if they put in a lot of work mastering everything.

for a lvl 10 mastery you would have to lvl every weapon and warframe in the game to 30, or close two it.

that would probably take 200+ hours.

any weapon at that range would be worthless to most people.

they should keep them at 4-5 and no higher so that people can actually get to them. think of having to play countless hours with weapons you dont even like just to get the one you do want.

it should be no more than 1-2 warframes and 3-5 weapons worth of exp. anything more and its just torture.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I'm thinking for something to encourage "end game" type of situation..  1-2 warframes and 3-5 weapons worth of exp is like ML3 ... thats 50 hours worth of doing stuff..

this type of crafting encourages more Raid/Sabotage kind of missions were the sub BP would be optainable from.