Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion For Foundry] I Did Something Dumb Today

Minnow23

WARNING: This post is a direct result of me doing something dumb, proceed with caution.

So after several days of scrounging up materials for my Volt helmet blueprint (which took 150 Alloy plate and 500 Rubedo) I was finally ready to create the helmet. Needless to say I was all giddy like a puppy with a chew toy or Rosie O'Donnell with a donut, and in my excited haste I accidentally made a Trinity helmet instead of the Volt helmet I wanted. Needless to say, this put a damper on my mood.

The reason I'm making this post is to try and hammer out some ways that the Foundry can be made foolproof. I'm not sure what has been suggested before on this forum, but here are two ideas off the top of my head.

1. Categories: Perhaps instead of letting the blueprints get in a clutter in one screen, there could be several tabs with different blueprints, such as "Weapons" or "Warframes" and so on and so forth. This could also open up some sub-categories, such as "Melee weapons" or specific warframes (I don't know how they would do this and make it seamless, but they're smart cookies).

2. Undo option: This isn't really necessary but I'm kind of frustrated at myself at present so I'm suggesting it. It would be nice if maybe within the first hour or so to have the option to stop the creation process and return the blueprint and materials to the player. Normally I would consider this to be extraneous but right now I really wish this option existed.

I truly enjoy this game and I truly enjoy making my own equipment (there's a huge sense of accomplishment after making a new warframe), and so if there were ways to hammer out some of the kinks in the Foundry we should pursue them. Feel free to list any other ways the Foundry could improve below.

EDIT: A suggestion from Mietz for a simple fix: Put the "Build" button to the far left under the name of the blueprint rather than on the far right below the materials list. It's a really simple fix that may not seem like a big deal but it would make the process much more seamless.

Suggestion from Westmin: add a "currently owned" indicator on a blueprint so we don't make multiple items for no reason

Edited by Minnow23

I could see this happening.  

Another suggestion might be to have a "currently owned" indicator on the blueprint.  So, if I already have a Banshee Helmet in my resources, a blueprint for the Banshee Helm will be blue and say "Already Owned."  The same would go for if I have already completed Banshee herself. I accidentally built two helmets because I forgot that I already had one in my inventory waiting for the other parts.  Would be nice to have seen that before I clicked (or been able to quickly hit "undo" as you suggest).

Can add penalty for undo, like lost your spent credits or so

That's not a bad idea, because the materials are way more valuable than the credits and yet there's still a slight penalty for your mistake. Although is a penalty really necessary for accidentally making the wrong item?

You know.. sure there could be some improvements to the foundry UI like they did with Mod storage but the reason they changed that was cause it was 't convenient to use, foundry is not as bad but it certainly can get cluttered. That being said, i never managed to accidently fuse or delete something cause there is a " ARE YOU F ING SURE" message after any action you try to take. Being able to cancel building something while it's building could be a nice edition but to be honest materials for 1 helmet are not that difficult to gather.

That's not a bad idea, because the materials are way more valuable than the credits and yet there's still a slight penalty for your mistake. Although is a penalty really necessary for accidentally making the wrong item?

Not really, there can be situation like this:

I bought design for fragor and craft it, one hour later I change my mind and I go for gram (Assuming I only have enough materials to craft one).  No accident involve, just having a change of thought.

Edited by Hueminator

The one thing that would prevent 99% of Foundry mistakes would be to move the "Build" button under the blueprint icon instead to the far right under the materials.

At first i didn't even know if the button is for the above or the below BP, its visually confusing.

Also, make everything in the UI smaller, a lot smaller. Lets us fit more information on one page.