The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire Suggestions (As Well As New Mechanic)

matrixEXO

Mire, being an Infested weapon, should actually act like one. Not just in looks and passive animations (such as moving flesh). It should be a unique weapon that powers up by kills of enemies. It should absorb some parts of the enemy's living blood or something and strengthen itself.

As so, I would like to suggest a new mechanic, Devour & Grow. When starting, this weapon will be small and frail-looking as well as having a low base damage and charge damage and having no poison damage application. For each kill, the weapon will earn 1 growth point. Each 100 points equals to 1 level and each level allows us to customize the weapon; allowing us to improve damage, charge power, swing speed (RoF), charge speed, allow and improve poison application or cause the weapon to be able to cleave through more than 1 unit. There is a cap to the growth in any of these parts and there is a cap of 10 levels/growth. Each growth changes Mire's design to fit what was enhanced and to give it that personal feel to it. Final levels of any upgrade can only be done at weapon level 10 and cleaving potential is only unlockable at weapon level 10.

As for the poison design, each level of upgrade applies a unique change to how the poison interacts. An example would be:

Level 1 - Applies 4 Poison damage on hit.
Level 2 - Poison damage application becomes DoT, dealing 20 damage over 4s, applying 1 tick of damage every second. Each strike instantly refreshes timer and instantly applies 1 tick.
Level 3 - Poison damage increases with each swing, dealing 4 more damage on hit every time you land it on an enemy who has the DoT poison on himself. Procs on first hit as well.
Level 4 - Poison damage now has a 25% chance to stagger it's opponent on application, including DoT ticks.
Level 5 - Poison has evolved, dealing 1 more damage on each application, including DoT ticks. WARNING! Attacking an enemy with this weapon will apply 1 poison damage onto yourself, increasing with each swing unless you stop attacking for 5s.

EDIT: Increasing certain stats that is not poison changes the other stats of the weapon to slightly tailor it for that stats as well. These changes are minor changes compared to how much the stat boost will be (1/3).

+Base Damage ~ - Charge Speed

+Charge Damage ~ - Swing Speed (RoF)

+Charge Speed ~ - Base Damage

+Swing Speed (RoF) ~ - Charge Damage

+Cleave ~ - Base Damage, - Charge Damage, -Swing Speed (RoF), -Charge Speed

Edited by matrixEXO

What if it would gain a little damage bonus for killing that would stack 5 times and after a while say like 6-8 seconds it would lose all the stacks and damage would reset to normal if no kill within the time limit?

That would make just about every other weapon irrelevant, and mods too for Mire. A cool idea, but not one I think we'll be seeing, or even one I'd actually like to see.

Not quite. The idea is to have a weaker-than-normal Mire that is initially weaker than any normal weapon. When growing it, it gives the user a chance to be more flexible with their choices and shape it into what they desire. Though I forgot to include (since it was still in my mind on the numbers), each upgrade has a cost. Upgrading Charge Damage reduces RoF by a bit and so on. This would change how the weapon would work drastically by the time you reach growth 5. By growth 10, the Mire is then able to compete with most of the weapons in that field (unmodded vs unmodded of course).

What if it would gain a little damage bonus for killing that would stack 5 times and after a while say like 6-8 seconds it would lose all the stacks and damage would reset to normal if no kill within the time limit?

The damage bonus was what was initially thought of... but didn't feel Infested-like. To my idea, Infested actually evolve by consuming flesh (thus the J3 Golem's eventual new image). So, it would be better if it were to just consume and grow.

Gotta agree with SolluxCaptorTA on this one. That system does not feel very 'Warframe'. Implementing a whole new mechanic for a single weapon is not a viable design choice.

Doesn't feel very 'Warframe', huh? I get your point. But I feel it fits the Infested design much better than the current looks and design of the Mire. Also, it doesn't need to end with this weapon unless the devs does not want to make more Infested weapons (guns included, if it's even possible).

Edited by matrixEXO