Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning Platina Ingame?

Naevia

Hey, I've been thinking, why isn't there some "Alerts" or "Daily's" that will let you earn free Platinum's(Or whatever it's called), up to a certain amount? Because i find it rather frustrating that i need those to unlock more slots for my weapons! O.o

Edited by Naevia

Well you can get pretty much everything in game that you can also buy for plat. Honestly they're giving more things away than most other games would already. Platinum is real cash currency and it's more than likely going to stay that way. Just like with other games, you have your in game currency and your real money currency. 

Y

Well you can get pretty much everything in game that you can also buy for plat. Honestly they're giving more things away than most other games would already. Platinum is real cash currency and it's more than likely going to stay that way. Just like with other games, you have your in game currency and your real money currency. 

Yes, indeed but just so people can earn approximately 5 Platinum a week or something like that :P.

And there are often someway to earn "Real currency" ingame in a lot of games, but i've already been playing this game, and i'm hitched at it, but i find it really frustrating that i cannot have more weapons, or that they still are in my inventory even as i've equipped them. (:

Edited by Naevia

Seriously dude? I'm sure the game is gonna screw over everyone who financially supports the creation of the game in favor of someone who feels like they deserve more out of a game they play for free. I agree it should be attainable for a HUGE amount of credits, but if you want platinum, help the game out.

Seriously dude? I'm sure the game is gonna screw over everyone who financially supports the creation of the game in favor of someone who feels like they deserve more out of a game they play for free. I agree it should be attainable for a HUGE amount of credits, but if you want platinum, help the game out.

This is something I've thought about also.

So, apparently, i'm a freakin' douché. Thanks. And everyone got stuck at the platinum part, well im sorry for asking about "Daily's" or something that's  in common with "Daily's", you probably didn't even notice that i typed ;"Or you can make the weapon slot (x2) unlock to cost like 150k Cred? =P.".

Btw, it was a question, not an order. And i know that Warframe has given much to it's players. I'm not a idiot.

Edited by Naevia

The responses were badly worded, but this has been suggested often and people are kinda sick of it. Not an excuse for the reaction though. I personally think that there should be a way to get more slots by playing, and they have a plan to do it (giving some slots for Mastery level is what I have heard), but it may take  quite some time.

So, apparently, i'm a freakin' douché. Thanks. And everyone got stuck at the platinum part, well im sorry for asking about "Daily's" or something that's  in common with "Daily's".

Btw, it was a question, not an order. And i know that Warframe has given much to it's players. I'm not a idiot.

The answer to your "question" (which was clearly rhetorical) is that by making the acquisition of premium currency possible ingame, the value of premium currency is decreased and hence leads to direct loss for the developer.

There is an economical difference between giving out free digital goods that is computer code and therefore infinitely abundant and giving out the representation of real money with real exchange rates dependent on scarcity.

Edited by Mietz

By giving away 5 Platinum's a week by doing "Daily's", that would mean that they would increase the cost of weapons, bundle's, warframe's etc,etc.

it other words, people that has insuffient money, or just doesn't want to spend their money on games, can get 5 Plats. a week, just by playing, but for those with money, will still be tempted to buy Plats.

I am not even going to discuss this anymore, just because, I'm obviously completely brainless.

Sincerely; Some random Douché, that asked something, that wasn't fully appropiate.

My thoughts on the matter....

No.

The makes of the game need to have some sort of a way to make a profit for it. And frankly... they freakin' deserve it! If you make it so you can earn platinum for a free to play which is still in -beta-... yeah... that's... not going to freakin' happen. Maybe after they've made another game or something they can do that. For now I want these programmers, designers, and all their families to be well fed and happy so they can keep the ninja moves coming.

We get more then enough free stuff in the game as is. Although I do have a number of suggestions on how to make things better. But that's a different topic.

how about a single weapon slot is 1 million credits, and a frame slot is 1.5 mil, that way you have to grind forever to get it, so only the really stubborn f2p only and never spend cash on it people can spend forever grinding cash for it?

if thats too low, go 5 mil and 7.5 mil, that way its absurd unless you're really intent on not spending real cash, most mmo's have a 1 dollar real cash to anywhere between 1 mil to upwards of 10 mill or more in game cash, so this wouldn't be too bad.

Even though i said this I'm contemplating upgrading to hunter, and have spent cash on the game already, its just kinda annoying when i have 18 plat and want another frame slot.