The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt

MyXmaN

I decided to give some feedback on Thunderbolt mod that im happy to be able to use.

1) Its AWESOME. With maxed multishot and maxed thunderbolt itself with one press of left mouse button you have around 46% chance of at least one kaboom (providing my calculations are correct). With max Fast Hands you are essentially turning your bow into a grenade launcher!

2) deals damage to you, which i find NICE. Teaches you not to shoot point blank with a weapon not designed for it.

3) paris itself has ammo issues. when you start spamming shots, you deplete ammo very fast - be sure to take some sniper ammo boxes with you.

4) i was wondering if in future thunderbolt could be reworked... like tied to crit chance.

lets say, thunderbolt was a mod that made your arrows explode on crit, dealing aoe damage with your crit. leveling it would increase the aoe.

Thoughts?

And general feedback on the mod itself?

The only change it needs is dropchance. Farming that bugger for 2 days straight now bashing Xini infested. No luck :/

To tie it to crit would give you, if you go for full crit modding, an additional 30% leaving you at 50% chance that an arrow explodes which is imho too much. 30% is quite fine and explosion range is aswell.

What faction has higher chance of dropping this?

Infested only.

Edited by Namacyst

Strange, most V polarity mods are dropped by Grineer. Regarding Drop chance, some rare mods drop much more frequently than others.

Multishot, Puncture, Crit Damage (rifle/shotgun) are all pretty &#! rare. I got all of them before the drop fix, and I got at least one of each after, but that is as much.

Streamline, Focus, Sundering Strike, hell even Flow. I've seen this drop non stop. I have my leveled flow and 5 more copies. Whole page of streamline and focus. Continuity is the only one I had only drop twice or so after the drop rate fix.

The awards for defense missions need to be adjusted to extend the rare pool of drops (uncommon as well, dat hellfire and heated charge).

It's only been couple days but none of my friends have seen anyone get a single new mod during all our games.

I'll be on Xini then trying to get this.

Edited by mmSNAKE

I think it'd be better if we had every third arrow explode when maxed instead of random chance.

That is a BAD idea, that would mean that on almost EVERY click we would get an Explosion, which would ratchet up the Paris damage Exponentially. Cause Multishot Paris is pretty amazing as it is.

That is a BAD idea, that would mean that on almost EVERY click we would get an Explosion, which would ratchet up the Paris damage Exponentially. Cause Multishot Paris is pretty amazing as it is.

.... I said, every third arrow... It's statistically the same (more or less), except now you can count your arrows  to know when you get an explosive next.

Question:

1) Does the explosion deal extra damage or is it based on your arrow damage.

2) Can you still headshot with it exploding ?

3) If it explodes does that mean everyone within the 10m radius get dealt the same amount of damage or does it scale with distance

4) everyone in the radius gets elemental debuffs ?