Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Level Ups Based On Decision?

KageNoShini

I like the passive level up system where frames gain bonus hp/shields/erg

But I think it would be nice if the passives provided a point instead, that we can then use to choose to increase our shields/hp/erg instead.

This would open up options to build different yet similar frames, say for example

Frost: I want him to be more caster and less tanky, so I might sacrifice some of those passive hp/shield level ups and pump him full of erg instead, that way i can dish out more ice waves (which i really like, and is decently powerful, excluding high defense) or globes or avas. While on the other hand, if someone wants to be more tanky they can pump shields/hp at the cost of erg.

In both cases it's the same frame, but built to cater towards a more diverse playstyle with the different frames, in my case I would sacrifice some of the health on my ash for some more erg so that I can toss out more shurikens, or smokescreen more often.

It's an idea, probably takes more effort than its worth, but I'll put it out there anyways.

Thoughts or suggestions?

i think you would start to have problems the second you realize you have to pay for slots. and people not being happy with a "stat build".

i remember a game i use to play that gave that kind of flexibility. i ended up with 6 maxed out accounts -_-.

its not a bad idea mind you. its just that warframes are clearly balanced with each other based on those stats. those with caster spells tend to have caster stats. others are faster and have mobility skills while others are tanky but lack caster stats.

just saying you might end up with a situation where a frame that is suppose to be a caster is super tanky. having those kinds of options would make some frames obsolete while others would be crazy OP.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Gerbil, I think the end result of this, would actually wind up being that everyone who specs right would be crazy OP. Or even specs to their preferences. I mean, imagine spec-ing out a caster Rhino. You could just wander through with Iron Skin, swinging a Scindo all about.

I think picking the passive increases while leveling up would actually suit better. So you could essentially opt to get all the frame's energy max increases with out picking up the health increase until later bit like how the skill tree worked. In the skill tree, you could avoid the slots or passive abilities you didn't want and pick something else while gaining ranks. Once you hit rank 30 you would have to have all passive boosts. Eg there are only 5 boosts for Energy, sheilds and health and by about rank 20 your forced to pick what ever was left.

The new mod system is actually better as you can finely tune everything without having to respec.

I took notice of what gets it's boost and when and it is every 3 levels either of the passives is applied. Like rank 1 is health boost, rank 2: sheild boost, rank 3: energy boost, rank 4: health boost etc..