The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<Suggestion> The Economics Of 'prestige'

JoeHook

So the Prestige thing still has me excited. This deals with warframes too, but it seems like a much more weapons relatded idea. A couple ideas:

Theres probably going to be some kind of limit on how many slots you can polarize (it would only take 3 or 4 slots to be able to max 8 high level mods in your gun). My ideas are mostly based in being able to polarize 2, maybe 3 slots max in mind. 

I know the idea was only glanced upon, but it seems straightforward. Rest the wep/frame, choose a polarity. Essentially, were buying polarized slots with exp. 450k for a weapon, and 900k for a Warframe. 

I propose making this totally transparent. Basically, make a button that says "Polarize Slot - 450k exp"

This allows for three things:

FIrst, all extra exp that has been earned (our accounts show overleveling) can be used immediatly on update, instead of being 'wasted' if the button (mechanic) says "Polarize slot - Reset to Unranked"

Second, this allows players to hold off on pretiging when they hit 30, overlevel, and polarize a slot when they choose, which could only knock your wep/frame back to say level 20 if you overlevel enough, instead of reverting all the way back to unranked. 

Third, this allows for more economic vision. Instead of just the standard 450k for a slot, a player could pay 200k to unpolarize a slot, or 300k to change an already polarized slot to another polarization. Maybe 200k to make a slot that only polarizes 3/4 instead of 1/2. It could allow for a 700k hybrid slot that works for two different polarizations, or a 900k slot that removes 5 or 6 mod point cost no matter what  mod you use. This would make room for a larger more personalized mechanic, and would give you Devs more room to work with if you so chose.