The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charon The Ruined (Infested Orokin)

(PSN)XShadowX2014

28lkqUq.jpg

Alright, so this was something I quickly drew at school out of boredom, but I thought that it looked pretty cool, so I decided to share it with you guys. I also came up with a backstory:

Charon was once one of the Orokin Empire's top leaders, and also one of it's best scientists. During the Old War, he was offered the chance to lead a group of his fellow scientists on a mission to create something that could help the Orokin win against the Sentients. They worked months untill they created the Technocyte virus, a bio-weapon capable of decimating entire armies of enemies. He proudly presented his creation to the rest of the Orokin leaders, who rewarded him for his efforts with the Separator, a unique sword-like weapon which he still uses to this day.

The Technocyte virus was released against the Sentients and it literally devoured through their forces with horrifying ease, leaving behind piles of broken, mutilated, half-eaten infested corpses, which latter began reanimating as horrible abominations made out of the combined remains of fallen enemies who served under the Orokin Empire with a single desire: to spread and evolve by devouring as many other "imperfect" species to add to their ranks. These new warriors were simply called "the Infested", a name which quickly became feared by the Sentients, who were terrified of the thought that, once infested, they would come back as another abberation, never truly dying.

Everything seemed good untill the Infested began turning against their Orokin masters, killing and reanimating them too as part of their wish to spread more and more. The Orokin leaders decided that the Infested were to dangerous, so they started killing off as many of them as possible, to ensure that the Technocyte virus wasn't going to destroy them all. Charon, who, unknown to him, was being influenced by the virus and saw the Infested as "the perfect lifeform", rebelled against the Orokin and tried saving his creation by infesting himself with the virus and killing off all of his fellow scientists who were working on a cure. His mind broken and his body taken over, Charon summoned all of the remaining Infested and led an attack against his former allies. Unfortunately, the attack was quickly terminated, as the majority of his soldiers was killed and the survivors were locked away. Charon himself didn't escape being captured by the Orokin, who locked him away in a large tomb on planet Earth's Moon, where he still remains to this day, constantly evolving and trying to escape his final resting place, in his attempt of finding his infested army again. Whatever little remains of his former self is forced to watch as his Infested body slowly grows his army again, brutally killing all of those who dare enter the tomb with the Separator, the weapon which is now just another part of his biology, constantly regretting what he has done.

That`s sick dude, but... what is that guy charon? i mean just a cool story or a concept for a boss?

PS: really liked the words you used, sounded medieval...

Just a cool story for now. Of course, I could turn him in a concept for a boss later, but I don't have anything planned for him as of right now.

This brings up the question of why DE hasn't put earths moon on the star chart. I like your idea of it being a prison, would be ideal for capture, rescues and assassination missions °~° but then loot and whatnot would become an issue. But imagine, the start nav coordinate has corrupted on it, but the closer and closer you get to Charon(great name BTW) the more signs of infestation are showing up until its just full blown infested and dark and scary since its "coincidentally" on the dark side of the moon, even though it revolves, but I like the idea. Since you came up with that art, mind telling how this boss would fight? Im thinking like The Last Giant from Dark Souls 2. Big, lumbering, and uses their limb as a weapon.

Edited by (PS4)theraputicGreen