Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wall Running And Edge Grabbing...to Their Maximum Ninja-Potential!

Azrael90

Kangaroos and Emus can't walk backwards, it's a fact. Ninja can't run diagonally on walls, it's a myth: they can.

Now, warframes can't run diagonally on walls. Why? Will they?

I like the ninja-idea to walk on every single inch of a room, ceiling included.

Also, is it possible to not just grab the edges (which, by the way, is a nightmare for me) but grab to every surface, something like spiderman...they are ninja of the future, they should be able to do that. I would love to fire and kill greeners while jumping everywhere like a flea.

Thanks for your attention, hope I was of inspiration.

And jump to one surface to another, did I mention it?

Came on Gregio, you know what I'm talking about. Wouldn't be awsome?

Oh, more than "running" on ceilings I meant something like a spiferman-crouched-walk (that's why I bring him in). Ok, my point for the ceiling walking (where you will be undetected) is because I'm playing lot of solos with Ash and I really would like to have a more silent ninja style, staying undetected the whole match and things like that....

Edited by Azrael90

I don't know about ceiling running, but I think it would be cool enough if they could clean up the wall running behavior they already have. I find it very frustrating that I cannot easily transition between a vertical and a horizontal wall run. Additionally, I find it frustrating when you backflip off of a vertical wall run (often into non-visible space, since the camera is facing the wall). I would much prefer the ability to jump up to a ledge and pull ourselves over rather than leap blindly into space after we finish a wall run.

Additionally, I think horizontal wall running would be cool if it were implemented such that your perspective changed with the wall run. What I mean is, instead of the 3rd person camera jumping out to watch you run on the wall from a distance, I think it would be cool if it followed in behind the character, transforming the wall into the "floor" for the duration of the run. 

Maybe the ceiling climbing could be implemented for specific frames... but I don't see it as a necessary component of being a space ninja (especially in the presence of artificial gravity... after all, normal ninjas don't crawl on the ceilings! ^_~).

I don't know about ceiling running, but I think it would be cool enough if they could clean up the wall running behavior they already have. I find it very frustrating that I cannot easily transition between a vertical and a horizontal wall run. Additionally, I find it frustrating when you backflip off of a vertical wall run (often into non-visible space, since the camera is facing the wall). I would much prefer the ability to jump up to a ledge and pull ourselves over rather than leap blindly into space after we finish a wall run.

Additionally, I think horizontal wall running would be cool if it were implemented such that your perspective changed with the wall run. What I mean is, instead of the 3rd person camera jumping out to watch you run on the wall from a distance, I think it would be cool if it followed in behind the character, transforming the wall into the "floor" for the duration of the run. 

Maybe the ceiling climbing could be implemented for specific frames... but I don't see it as a necessary component of being a space ninja (especially in the presence of artificial gravity... after all, normal ninjas don't crawl on the ceilings! ^_~).

Your points are right too.

About the ceilings thing, I know it may sounds too stupid, though doing so in that kind of future (I said "ninja of the future") I don't think would be a problem, I see it like a way to improve stealth gameplay. Maybe can be an antigravity mod, I don't know...