Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Family

Scarybooster

Hi!

So, I started playing Warframe years and years ago when it first was released. Unfortunately, the game was kind of bland and I didn't feel "ninja-like" in any way. The game was a shooter with the same map over and over and over... I just couldn't get into it.

Years later the game came to PS4 and I gave it another shot. I'm not sure why it didn't stick then, but it was probably because it was on a dirty console (just kidding). Again, my time in Warframe wasn't meant to be.

At update 14 on the PC, I tried again and the game kind of stuck. I was having fun with some friends and I was finally leveling up my Excalibur. I decided to pull the trigger and bought 370 Plat so I could buy another frame. I wanted Hydroid for a long time, but the forums raged against him. I went against my gut feeling and bought Nekros. Yeah, that was a mistake for a "noob". Instead of a cool necromancer with cool Walking Dead powers, I got a desecrate bot. My own fault for not doing proper research and picking a cool looking frame. I'm sure people will argue Nekros is waaaaay better than Hydroid, but he's definitely not as cool as those 2 floppy things on Hydroid's face. My poor decision to buy Nekros made me shelf the game again.

Right before I deployed to a place with lots of dirt, my youngest son started playing Warframe a lot on the PS4. I decided to try it on that platform again to see what all his hype was about. I went through the tutorial again with Mag this time instead of Excalibur and had a ball. Once I got in my shop though... Excalibur was staring at me... Dang it!! I logged off.

During my deployment my son wanted to buy Mesa with his Christmas money. So I got on Skype and walked him through buying Plat on the PS4 with my credit card. Some how he "accidentally" wink wink, bought 2 370 Plat packages wink. Anyways, he got his Mesa and some really nice weapons.

When I returned home Destiny just wasn't keeping my attention like it did before I left and watching my son play Mesa looked super fun. I thought long and hard about Warframe and what I like most about Destiny. RNG rage of course was my true love. Actually, I loved getting in the Destiny Strike missions with people and kill things with people. After thinking about it, Warframe is a lot better at quick instanced missions for loot than Destiny was. So, I sat down at my PC and fired up Warframe again.

I leveled Excalibur and all the beginner weapons to 30 and deleted him! He's just not me. I bought a couple Plat packages so I could get Mesa and the weapon bundle. I love the dual pistols and the sword/shotgun melee weapons in the bundle, but the primary shotgun sucks for Mesa imo. I had to but the Attakka for a primary instead.

Since buying Mesa I've acquired: Rino, Ember, Nyx, and Hydroid (which I just finished building yesterday woot woot!). I think I finally get Warframe and I'm here to stay. My new goal is to farm Frost Prime before he disappears.

To top off all my excitement about Warframe, my oldest son left Destiny to try Warframe too. He had Loki as a starter frame so it's always been a struggle for him to get into the game. Just last week my kids had spring break. To them that mea s they can go video game nuts for a week. My youngest son and my enthusiasm for Warframe rubbed off on him. He got in a clan with his Evolve friends and that had him hooked. Luckily for him, his birthday was over spring break. He decided he was having so much fun, he bought the Nova Prime Access. Made me wonder why I ever settled for just Plat when I could get Prime Access in all its glory.

In a week my oldest so got: Loki Prime, Frost Prime, Rino Prime, and a couple other normal frames. Having a group of friends really makes a huge difference in this game. Unfortunately only having 1 PS4 (I need 3 now) and PC not talking to PS4, we all can't play together even though that would be amazing. Because my PC Clan is dead and my youngest son doesn't have any friends that own a PS4, we are stuck in PUG Life. To me it's not so bad because I've spent years in WoW PUGging, but this is all new to my youngest. No matter what we are having a blast.

We're now a Warframe Family! My Warframe name is Scarybooster on both PC and PS4, don't be shy to friend me it would be cool to have a group of Warframe fans to play with. Thanks for reading to this point. If you didn't that's OK too.

Welcome! When I read this:

My new goal is to farm Frost Prime before he disappears.

I just wanted to say, prime frames won't disappear, only those prime access package. Also, different frames have different play styles so you should look up each frame to see how other players use them. For example, Loki may seem weak and easy to die with at first, but you'll learn that many people build/modify him with around his awesome invisible ability to avoid damages.

Edited by SunsetChaos

I just wanted to say, prime frames won't disappear, only those prime access package.

DE did announce that frost prime is going to be removed from the void and put into the prime vault, making him (and latron prime and reaper prime) only obtainable thru trading. until DE brings items from the prime vault back some time in the future.

https://www.warframe.com/news/last-chance-frost-prime-parts-void

Edited by BomberBoy

DE did announce that frost prime is going to be removed from the void and put into the prime vault, making him (and latron prime and reaper prime) only obtainable thru trading. until DE brings items from the prime vault back some time in the future.

https://www.warframe.com/news/last-chance-frost-prime-parts-void

Oh wow. Why are they removing them?

Edit: nvm

Edited by SunsetChaos