The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Katana/skana From The Hip

Zenaku

I'm not sure if anyone thought about this but would we Like a Katana like weapon that slashes from the hip. Maybe a charge quick draw, maybe including  smacking with the scabbard in some attacks which could be fun.

Mental inspiration I draw from quite a few anime's, Another game that has certain character with a blue coat and white hair  (you guys know who) and just the whole themes in general.

I'm not sure if anyone thought about this but would we Like a Katana like weapon that slashes from the hip. Maybe a charge quick draw, maybe including  smacking with the scabbard in some attacks which could be fun.

Mental inspiration I draw from quite a few anime's, Another game that has certain character with a blue coat and white hair  (you guys know who) and just the whole themes in general.

Virgil from Devil May Cry?

I think the should be the option perhaps to grab an unaware enemy by pressing 'use' when prompted to assasinate, granting the ability to take hostages, and perhaps holding use and hitting melee whacks the and stuns them? Oooo! Maybe a stunned enemy can be assasinated or atleast grabbed?

would be Fun to hit the block button to grab enemies from behind. I remember that game mechanic from somewhere but cant remember what. But yes, I like the idea that the blade slashes would be a swift flash  and then being sheithed  at the hip ,  and since there are gunna be mods for specific weapons at some point, you could apply ones that maybe maybe near almost instant kills to medium armoured enemies which slowly slide apart along their cut lines *drools at the thought* 

I was just about to post this, an Iai style weapon would be pretty awesome in this.

Thinking about it more, How far would a Laido style Sword  reach? I don't think we want it as fast as Fang, but a fast slash, pause, fast slash again, pause and then the final cut, but all of then if you don't hit the melee key end with a re sheathing of the blade.  keeping it stylized yet good pacing so it doesn't tip the balance scales in the game to ridiculous levels. The more I think about it the more I kind of piece the weapon together in my mind.