Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On Gameplay Management.

TheExoduz

I've come across this in the past and I come across it now aswell, so far as I can see or feel it, the actual missions run inter-connected to the player that firstfully joined that actual "Online" set mission (as in the mission's connection runs from a player) and I can see massive lag spikes at times or even enemies flying all over the darn place while trying to shoot them.... or discharging a full clip onto a poor lancer and um.... him not taking any sorts of damage.

What I'm saying is that game shouldn't be managed by a players connection (if that is the case of course) cause it can really interfear with the overall experience of the other players if that specific person runs on an slow internet connection.

Note: Again I'm saying, this is how I feel the game actually runs, might be or might not be true. If it is, it really ruins alot of the players experience trough spikes and overall game lag. Looking forward for an administration post to clarify my thoughts.

I think you are suggesting that the game is peer to peer, and dependent on a fair few factors between the host (the first player joining) and the clients (the other players). If so, this is indeed the case, as has been stated in several lengthy threads before. DE has acknowledged it as a huge problem and are working on various measure to make it better (this is discussed in yesterdays live stream).

The alternative would be dedicated hosts but this is costly (probably prohibitively so) and from what i've seen not really an option.

I wouldn't think there would be an issue with dedicated hosts, rather just a matter of time to set up cause the issue with high latency is greater then most other issues there would be (like really, sometimes it makes the game unplayable). But honestly, only time would tell if DE makes an improvement out of it or not, otherwise I do fear at the point where the game becomes more popular, the reviews of most people over it's gameplay standings would be poor.