The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different Animations For Subsequent Charge Attacks

xenoffense

the title pretty much explains this idea. Whenever I'm using a weapon that DOESN'T have innate Armor Pierce for normal attacks I pretty much only use charge attacks (because charge attacks DO have armor pierce and often times this yields higher DPS)

- adding a series of different animations to subsequent charge attacks would help to break up the repetitive style of melee gameplay that I find myself falling into when I use weapons like Dark Sword and Furax (probably Schindo as well but I don't have that one)

- these new melee animations would have the same animation length and hopefully have approximately the same AOE on each swing. This way there shouldn't be any players complaining about this addition.

How many ways can you do a horizontal swing? Swing it the other direction...?

well, yeah that would be one variation, or they could charge up to spin around an additional time after the 1st animation ends (I'm thinking for the heavy weapons like Gram) However they could just as easily be slashes in directions other than horizontal such as diagonal. Even if the animation doesn't fill the range of AOE of the 1st animation they could add some sort of shockwave effect that WOULD. Obviously for the Furax they would have the subsequent hits utilize the left hand, then maybe some hooks and an uppercut. Almost any animations they could add would look more natural and polished than the same animation over and over and over.