Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Make Mods Useable On Multiple Weapons Of The Same Type

DarthZ

Currently, if you want to use a single mod on multiple of a same-slot item you need to equip the item with the mod, unequip the mod, then equip the item you want, then equip the mod.

That or sink credits and time into multiple copies (Not so much an issue with common mods, uncommon becomes annoying, and rares just about out of the question).

A simple example is say Pressue Point. There's a lot of different melee weapons in the game, and on essentially all of them you'd probably want this damage plus mod. So do you want to wait and sink into ten maxed out copies? Or constantly change around based on enemy type effectiveness, level design, or personal fighting preference?

Or perhaps just equip 1 copy of a maxed Pressure Point on all ten of your melee weapons at the same time.

Another issue: Managing mod slots throughout all weapons. This can get confusing, and if you screw up and rank up a mod you needed maybe 1 level under max due to slot space issues you'd need to rethink your whole mod design or wait and make a new copy.

Factor in weapons with polarities versus weapons without them but both using the same mods, managing every slot on every weapon, and still trying to fill out the whole 30-60 usefully, can be a confusing and occasionally problematic issue.

Chaging mods from one weapon to another (Say from Scindo to Fang, or Latron to Paris) is time consuming, especially if a party member votes too early.

So something I'd love to see, and am hopeful for after the ability to fuse equipped mods showed up unexpectedly, is the ability to equip one mod on multiple items. For example putting Serration on all of my rifles at once. Or redirection on every frame.

What issues could this cause?

Well all I can see is altering/removing a mod equipped to mutliple items via fusing, selling, or possibly trading.

But even this has an easy fix:

Mods on multiple items must be fully unequipped before selling, trading, or fusing away (As in using the mod to level up a different one in fusing).

Equipped mods can have things fused into them and level up only if it doesn't make it cost too much to fit on every item it's currently on (Note: This code already exists! Try levelling up a mod on a completely full weapon, it will say the weapon doesn't have enough mod slots)

Edited by DarthZ

I think a loadout function is coming, not sure if it will function in the way that one mod can be assigned to multiple frames/weapons

A lot of people have wanted a right click to unequip or unequip all mods button, would make the process faster

I, and i think a decent amount of people, would like your idea, that way we can have all of the frames loaded out the way we want and can switch between them freely without having to unequip/requip mods over and over.

I like to switch my weapons and their mods based on frames and which factions im playing against I have to go through this a lot, i see your points and i agree with your suggestion to fix it.

Something about the overranking of mods is being done soon. It was discussed in yesterday's livestream. The topic of "underclocking mods" was brought up so you could change the rank of said mod according to the weapon you had it equipped to. It's not going to be a free option, I imagine they'll have you pay a certain amount of credits to take it down a few notches and the inverse for getting them back up.

And as for the clunky process with switching weapons and mods, that wasn't brought up. I personally have been lobbying for it ever since I started playing, because really all it does is waste time.

You should start checking out the livestreams, they're up on WF's Youtube channel usually within the hour they are broadcast. (Wednesdays at 2PM)