Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember Sets Of Mods

katsman_88

Hi all,

I have idea about re-configuration of Weapons. Many people use max same grade Mods in all weapons. And when you change weapon - you change Mods.

I would like to see in game Feature "Remeber Set of Mod" to fit/unfit by 1 click all Mods in Weapon (of course, if Weapon has enough Mod Points).

UPD: Like https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39010-mod-migration-preset-system/?p=370682 but for weapon.

Edited by katsman_88

Just to try and extract more thought out of this, what would you fully like to see here?  How would you like to maybe see it executed?  From what I heard, once upon a time there was a functionality like this in place.  It may have been with the old modding type, though.  Problems I am seeing:

Just switching a weapon for another would be a nightmare to code to get all of the mods to move without some sort of player interference.  You would theoretically need a load/unload button.  I imagine you would need "saved" sets, and you would most likely need to save it for each weapon/warframe.  Polarity slots are the reason for it needing to be unique saves (especially if the implement the "prestige" type mode mentioned in the livestream).  I would be very happy with at the very least an "unload" button, but having a quick swap to a previous saved set would be nice, too.  Especially when I switch warframes.

Other thoughts?

What about a 'favorites' option for mods to go along with your unload option?

That way, I could unload my optimum mods from one weapon, and when I go to the other weapon I go to my 'favorites' tab in the mod UI and there they are.

Would that be easy on the coding and such by simply adding an unload option and the ability to add mods to a favorite tab added to the current mod UI?

Yes, but for weapon.

Just switching a weapon for another would be a nightmare to code to get all of the mods to move without some sort of player interference.  You would theoretically need a load/unload button.  I imagine you would need "saved" sets, and you would most likely need to save it for each weapon/warframe.

Yes, I want say about build of Mods. Now switch weapon with autofit same Mods in new weapon.