Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosions Need Some "oomph"

OptimumBow0

Two days ago, I pulled out my trusty Angstrum, and I remembered that enemies don't react to explosions the way they should. So, here's some problems I have:

1a. Direct hits - if an enemy gets hit directly by a rocket, they either don't notice or they just fall over, which makes it feel like I'm shooting bags full of lead.

1b. Indirect hits - If a projectile hits the ground two meters to the right of an enemy, they rarely flinch or stagger. Just adds to that feeling that I'm shooting incredibly dense robots.

2. How the damage is spread - an enemy that takes a direct hit seems to completely protect any other foes around them, which I get to some degree, but when they're in the middle of a crowd, it just feels like there should be a bit more splash damage or bodies flying.

I think a good thing to go off of would be the Jat Kittag's ground slam, but with fall-off, so the farther away from the center of the explosion the less likely an enemy is to fly.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by OptimumBow0

If they did it'd be OP because they couldn't stand up.

True.

I would settle for just better damage distribution, really, because it feels like the Angstrum deals a disappointing amount of damage overall when fired into a crowd of mid-level enemies.

I tryed using the Ogris to check out its new model and i rememberd why i didnt use it. other than a few things. admittedly it doesnt have any forma on it but landing a hit near a unit just knocked it down and it got back up. Landing a hit on a unit near other units might kill the target but the ones close by just took a little damage. 

have to hit the unit almost directly to even knock it over it seems. I dont see why the explosive radius is so so micro.