Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Un-Banning After Second Incident?

Gryphticon

Son don't play with matches you may get your fingers burned, told you once,.... son gets finger burned, son never again play with matches.

Player don't use anything that remotely looks to a cheat or you will get banned, player gets banned, asks for forgiveness, ban lifted, player uninstall cheat  no more problems.

No, that's no all there is to it.

You are saying the system only works one way. I am saying to cover all the possible scenarios as to make it more difficult to cheat.

I just laid out a possible scenario that would theoretically negate the "next process" but be caught by a simple name check.

A blunder for the would be cheater, for sure, but it doesn't change the outcome.

Either way neither of us know what exactly is happening under the hood, so please do not talk down to people like you actually do.

I can't really debate something if you don't know what you're talking about.

I apperciate you're trying, I get you're trying to defend a system you've yet to be wronged by. But, the only reason you're defending it, is out of a lack of knowledge for how unnecessary it is and how it's actually harming the game in the form of burdening support and removing players.

We're talking about people accidentally running something here.

Accidentally keeping a program running they don't mean to, and then getting perma banned on a game they've spend hundreds of dollars on without any investigation or rationality from the developers.

If you're going to say "That's fine because it gets the extremely small minority of people dumb enough to do it intentionally", you're just not thinking straight.

You can't debate it because you can't defend your position any further.

That's fine, you have your opinion, I'll have mine and DE will do what they want regardless.

To reiterate the real point of the OP.  They are lenient with regards to this problem, if you mess up once you may be redeemed. Do the same thing again and it's on you.

I'm not banned, my clan mate is.

Here's his quote

There's no point in banning for cheat engine, before the cheat update, my friend which is a programmer tried to hack and the data is clearly in the database. That is for the credits and platinum.

Now for the speed ESP and all that hack S#&$.
It's impossible to hack those with cheat engine, except speed hack, shield and health hacks. Never said Cheat Engine should be removed from the blacklist but:

Please only ban if Cheat Engine changes something in the game, not just loading the game in...

I can no longer have fun with Cheat Engine in S#&$ singleplayers game since I don't want to get banned on Warframe.

This issue must be fixed, it's a major problem. Specially because my clan mate spent 300$ if what he said was right.

Tell your friend to get his invested money back and open a new account if they wont re-open this one.

Guess everyone is as perfect as you who NEVER makes mistakes more than once.

Well how many people do you actually see complaining about having been banned twice for the same thing?

The second time isn't a mistake, it's outright stupidity.

That's fine, you have your opinion, I'll have mine and DE will do what they want regardless.

To reiterate the real point of the OP.  They are lenient with regards to this problem, if you mess up once you may be redeemed. Do the same thing again and it's on you.

There needs to be a 3 strikes system. It's not like most people cheat anyway unless it's running through laser doors or ignoring shockwaves or avoiding lock down...Trivial stuff or making more fusion cores appear or making stuff free to make(Credits).

You are factually incorrect.

Please, look up some information on the topic and consider that your opinion basically hurts the game via excessive support tickets for unintentional bans on a system that is completely redundent.

My position doesn't require defending.

I've stated before, but, I'll repeat.

There is no situation in which Process A (Name check) would catch anyone who wasn't going to be caught by Process B.

And your argument to this has been "But! But! But!" then citing and imaginary and non-sensical situation which is impossible.

DE will form their own opinion, but they depend upon the community to provide decent feedback.

Illinformed and non-sensical arguments based upon missing knowledge isn't helpful.

So, please, if you're going to shout so loudly, atleast have some idea of what it is you're shouting.

I'm absolutely all for cheat protection. I don't want cheaters as much as the next guy, but, I'm ardently against random bans based on people being stupid humans. Thus, I am suggesting ways to improve the system based on the sheer volume of threads this topic is generating and my own experience.

You're burying your head in the sand and citing imaginary situations whilst I'm proving to you real ones that happen.

Do you have one instance to prove that the situation you imagine is actually possible?

Do I have instances where players who are innocent are dumb for a moment and forget CE is running while they launch the game?

Yeah, just look around the forums.

Well how many people do you actually see complaining about having been banned twice for the same thing?

The second time isn't a mistake, it's outright stupidity.

It's easy to forget and make the mistake again especially when the program is tucked away especially with having bad memory.

And don't make this about being banned alone. There is clearly a host of examples elsewhere involving other mistakes.

To have a system like this, one must account for human error. This system ignores that error and causes a lot of attention to ban tickets rather than more important tickets. What a waste of money, time and effort.

If you find that your issue doesn't get resolved as fast as you like, you can blame this system.

How many other games have this faulty system? And how many people that support this system actually cheat in any single player game? How many just want to rid this game of all idiots and couldn't care less about the actual cheaters? Who cheats in Warframe? - That's what they are thinking. That was everyone's first response because NO cheaters were ever seen., atleast to their knowledge. Has anyone really seen a cheater?

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Tell your friend to get his invested money back and open a new account if they wont re-open this one.

OP states that his friend even tried to hack the client in the first place, why would he get the money back?

This seems more like a lynching for "foolish" people because they don't want to deal with them in game. This is what it's REALLY about.

Less fools, the better right?

Well, you guys are the fools. This shall come back to bite y'all in the &#!. :)

Edited by XDeathCoreX

The scenario I laid out is not impossible, nor is there an example available for me to cite because no one would come to the forums and claim such a thing.

Anyway I'm not interested in this debate any further. You have not swayed my opinion, and I have not swayed yours.

Admin will be along shortly to lock this anyhow.

The scenario I laid out is not impossible, nor is there an example available for me to cite because no one would come to the forums and claim such a thing.

Anyway I'm not interested in this debate any further. You have not swayed my opinion, and I have not swayed yours.

Admin will be along shortly to lock this anyhow.

Your logic is flawed. There needs to be proof.

EULA agreement means you are agreeing and acknowledging the rules.

Be responsible for your own actions.

If the investment of the money was that important, then the mistake should have been avoided.  Now the person has learned a valuable lesson at a cost. 

The EULA also says DE can go "Thanks for buying Grandmaster's, now get banned sucker!" for absolutely no reason whatever. Please stop using it as an argument.

OP clearly explained that the user in question used a program that is used exactly for the purpose of editing game input.  Be it for warframe or not at that given moment, this is covered in the EULA.

This was not an arbitrary ban for no reason.  Get your facts straight before writing an innane response again.

EULA agreement means you are agreeing and acknowledging the rules.

Be responsible for your own actions.

If the investment of the money was that important, then the mistake should have been avoided.  Now the person has learned a valuable lesson at a cost. 

The following is a quote from the Warframe Support FAQ.

We reserve the right to ban accounts when we see fit and the duration is up to our discretion.

"We see fit" is any justification. They could ban you for saying "Heck" on the forums. Not to say they will, but, the EULA states they can ban for whatever they feel like banning for.

Thus, by your logic, you're saying you're completely fine with them banning you because you posted on the forum at at a certain time.

Because, as we know. It's in the EULA, therefore it must be right.

The EULA also says DE can go "Thanks for buying Grandmaster's, now get banned sucker!" for absolutely no reason whatever. Please stop using it as an argument.

What?  There's a suspicion and they ban, to thwart a potential cheater.  There's a process to appeal this if there was a genuine mistake.

Buying Grand Master doesn't afford us any more or less rights, just more platinum, a special warframe, 2 weapons.and design council, etc.  The EULA is the only viable argument here.  It's DE's game and to play it, you have to follow their rules.

OP clearly explained that the user in question used a program that is used exactly for the purpose of editing game input.  Be it for warframe or not at that given moment, this is covered in the EULA.

This was not an arbitrary ban for no reason.  Get your facts straight before writing an innane response again.

What?  There's a suspicion and they ban, to thwart a potential cheater.  There's a process to appeal this if there was a genuine mistake.

Buying Grand Master doesn't afford us any more or less rights, just more platinum, a special warframe, 2 weapons.and design council, etc.  The EULA is the only viable argument here.  It's DE's game and to play it, you have to follow their rules.

You have exceedingly poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

The logic:

Hacka: *hacks*

DE: HEY I CAUGHT U HACKING

Hacka: D; OH NOS, I ONLY HACKED ONCE, PLZ RELEASE MY ACCOUNT, I WONT HACK EVA AGAIN.

DE: HMMM... WE'LL BE NICE SINCE THE GAME IS STILL NEW AND ALL. DONT DO IT AGAIN.. MKS?

Hacka: MKS!

*one day later*

Hacka: oooh ill just leave this hack injector going while i launch warframe, nothing will happen at all...

DE: HEY WHAT U DOING WITH THAT PROGRAM? *bans*

HACKA: NO NO NO......... WHYYYYY I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BAD WITH IT..... UNBAN ME AGAIN!!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT MY COMPUTER! PRIVACY MAN! PRIVACY!!!! EVEN THOUGH I SIGNED AN AGREEMENT THAT ALLOWED YOU TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AT MY COMPUTER!!! I DEMAND MY ACCOUNT BE UNBANNED. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BAN MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH ITS YOUR GAME. NO RIGHTS AT ALL MAN.

I had to do it i'm sorry lol

get founders pack, then get framed by accident and then repost kid...

You have exceedingly poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

ORLY? You're the one who wrote: "The EULA also says DE can go "Thanks for buying Grandmaster's, now get banned sucker!" for absolutely no reason whatever."

It says no such thing in the text. What does this have to do with reading comprehension? Critical thinking? Err you're one to talk...

"No reason whatsoever" sure man... I wrote suspicion of cheating. That's a reason and not no reason whatsoever.

What's up dude? Didn't have your coffee today?

Edited by sushidubya