Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Un-Banning After Second Incident?

Gryphticon

You have exceedingly poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

You clearly know nothing about contract law and how contracts are written to protect and give those writing them explicit power without restricting them for unforseen incidents.  Which you agreed to.

This is why the EULA is written the way it is, as well as every other well written contract in existence.

If you don't like the EULA terms, don't agree and don't spend the money.  It's as simple as that.  Stop blaming others for decisions you are responsible for making.

It's a vast minority of users who even have such software installed, and a vast minority of them even that are foolish enough to get caught in the cheat detection system. Getting caught once by honest mistake is rare, but understandable. Getting caught a second time by honest mistake is nearing statistical improbability. The simpler and more likely explanation is that such a person was attempting to circumvent the detection algorithm.

It is the art of dishonest people to prey upon the emotions of others. I have sympathy for this individual's predicament if the situation is precisely as presented, but their actions invited this punishment nonetheless, in my opinion.

So much ad hominem in this thread...

I guess the simplest and quickest ad-hoc solution to this entire problem is for DE to include a warning at the launcher screen that states, "The running of ANY cheating software, such as Cheat Engine, for any purpose whatsoever, concurrently with Warframe, will result in an immediate and permanent ban."

It's a vast minority of users who even have such software installed, and a vast minority of them even that are foolish enough to get caught in the cheat detection system. Getting caught once by honest mistake is rare, but understandable. Getting caught a second time by honest mistake is nearing statistical improbability. The simpler and more likely explanation is that such a person was attempting to circumvent the detection algorithm.

It is the art of dishonest people to prey upon the emotions of others. I have sympathy for this individual's predicament if the situation is precisely as presented, but their actions invited this punishment nonetheless, in my opinion.

Any source on those minorities?

Cause, if they're the minority, there must be a lot in the majority given the sheer volume of threads about this.

So much ad hominem in this thread...

I guess the simplest and quickest ad-hoc solution to this entire problem is for DE to include a warning at the launcher screen that states, "The running of ANY cheating software, such as Cheat Engine, for any purpose whatsoever, concurrently with Warframe, will result in an immediate and permanent ban."

They have... it's in bold text on the top of the launcher.

Broke rules, got banned, end of story! If you can handle (or think you can handle) the cheat programms, you should be able to prevent such mistakes for the second time.

DE gave you a strict warning, you ignored it, you got banned. No matter if you spent 5 or 500 bucks on this game, you deserve it!

GO DE GO! I hate cheaters and I really like it when they get banned.

On which discovery should DE ban people? 4th? 10th? Give them the ultimate "Cheater go free" card?

You get one warning and thats enought! More would be a slap in the face for non-cheating players!

Cheat Engine... man that is so OLD. I used to use that on flash games that I sucked at. People still use that?
I agree that a person shouldn't be *permanently* banned for having it running. If anything an hour ban for the first offense and repeat offenses resulting in 24 hour bans would suffice. If people try editing the client itself then there should be no chances given because they have clear intent on cheating.

Any source on those minorities?

Cause, if they're the minority, there must be a lot in the majority given the sheer volume of threads about this.

There would need to be in the 10,000 range of individuals making threads like this for what you propose to be close to true..  There are not even in the 4 digit figures of threads like this.  Think before you post.

They have... it's in bold text on the top of the launcher.

All it says is "NOTICE: Tool Enabled to ban all cheaters. NO EXCEPTIONS."

So people who may not actually intend to cheat in Warframe may still think it's ok to leave cheat engine running and end up getting banned.

There would need to be in the 10,000 range of individuals making threads like this for what you propose to be close to true..  There are not even in the 4 digit figures of threads like this.  Think before you post.

When did they release the number fo cheaters banned?

When did they release the number fo cheaters banned?

there must be a lot in the majority given the sheer volume of threads about this.

You claimed there is a "sheer volume" of these threads.  I told you there are not enough of these threads to draw that conclusion.  Show me how there are so many threads about this, that the majority of players are now being banned without reason or cause.

I'll save you some time, you won't be able to.

You claimed there is a "sheer volume" of these threads.  I told you there are not enough of these threads to draw that conclusion.  Show me how there are so many threads about this, that the majority of players are now being banned without reason or cause.

I'll save you some time, you won't be able to.

Idioms don't translate too well, do they?

Idioms don't translate too well, do they?

It was actually exaggeration.  In which case, there still is not as many as you suppose.  Your point is invalid because you're wrong.  Nice attempt to dodge that one though.

Please, come back when you are actually bringing something to the discussion that is relevant, rather than lies about figures to falsely bolster your already flawed argument.  It's impossible to discuss this if you're not even going to discuss the reality of the situation at hand.

Broke rules, got banned, end of story! If you can handle (or think you can handle) the cheat programms, you should be able to prevent such mistakes for the second time.

DE gave you a strict warning, you ignored it, you got banned. No matter if you spent 5 or 500 bucks on this game, you deserve it!

GO DE GO! I hate cheaters and I really like it when they get banned.

On which discovery should DE ban people? 4th? 10th? Give them the ultimate "Cheater go free" card?

You get one warning and thats enought! More would be a slap in the face for non-cheating players!

Now you're just being a $&*^.

Same mistakes down the road is possible, no one is perfect and no one is blaming others for their bannings. No accidental bans of the innocent are well deserved.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Same mistakes down the road is possible, no one is perfect and no one is blaming others for their bannings. No accidental bans of the innocent are well deserved.

No need to use foul language.

Mistakes have consequences too.  Was everyone suddenly raised to not be responsible for the things they do?

It was actually exaggeration.  In which case, there still is not as many as you suppose.  Your point is invalid because you're wrong.  Nice attempt to dodge that one though.

Please, come back when you are actually bringing something to the discussion that is relevant, rather than lies about figures to falsely bolster your already flawed argument.  It's impossible to discuss this if you're not even going to discuss the reality of the situation at hand.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Alrighty, let's take 5 seconds to actually make the point I was going to make.

Now, the usual assumption is that about 5%-10% of the people playing a video game, also visit the forums.

So, there's what? 13 topics alone that mention the cheat engine specifically.

Some have over a hundred replies and thousands of views.

And, while obviously, not all of them are people being banned, a fair number is. I suggest you read them so you may make yourself more aware of the situation.

So, based on the fact that this thread alone is about the 10th or so most replied to thread in this forum. I think it's fair to say, there's a fair number of people who are being affected by an over-zealous 'Cheat protection'.

Now, you may notice, the biggest difference between my post, and yours, is that I'm actually citing stuff.

Rather than just saying "OH THEY'RE THE MINORITY", I'm actually drawing your attention to the actual scale of the situation, as opposed to randomly pulling scales out of my &#! and assuming they're correct.

Mistakes have consequences too.  Was everyone suddenly raised to not be responsible for the things they do?

It is the new generation mentality, everything is the parents fault, the school's fault, the government's fault, the game developer's fault, I have not done anything wrong!!!

It is the new generation mentality, everything is the parents fault, the school's fault, the government's fault, the game developer's fault, I have not done anything wrong!!!

Since when did video games become such serious business that the prospect of losing out of hundreds of dollars worth of an account just for being forgetful is suddenly acceptable?

So, based on the fact that this thread alone is about the 10th or so most replied to thread in this forum. I think it's fair to say, there's a fair number of people who are being affected by an over-zealous 'Cheat protection'.

Sorry, but the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". ;-)

The number of replies and views are irrelevant.  I've looked at some of these threads, but it's certainly not because I've been affected by the anti-cheat-program stuff. 

I mean, if there are 13 threads started about, say, a friend or a poster getting banned unfairly, then that's really the only statistic you've got.  You could then as you said estimate something about the posting population being 5-10% of the player base, but it's still going to be 13 out of ... what, thousands? 

Edited by Kempner

Since when did video games become such serious business that the prospect of losing out of hundreds of dollars worth of an account just for being forgetful is suddenly acceptable?Yabadabadoo

Edited by Kantazo

Sorry, but the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". ;-)

The number of replies and views are irrelevant.  I've looked at some of these threads, but it's certainly not because I've been affected by the anti-cheat-program stuff. 

If you can't look at all this and draw the simple conclusion, no aid from me will get you there, sorry.

Re-read my post I am agreeing with you, good grief today seems like the google translator is suffering from Alzheimer's.

Yeah, sorry about that, meant to respond to the person you were responding to.

Edited by Cingal

Considering this game does not have an economy or trade system, I don't see why such a sensitive system that bans on the spot of first offense is even required.

Should first test the waters with a system that bans you temporarily rather than permanently and excessive bans leads to permanent ban. These are paying(potential ones too) customers, ya know. The least you can do bleed them dry before banning them permanently.

And avoid all these threads and tickets on this matter. This way more stuff in the future can be free and the term "Devs gotta eat" won't be abused anymore.