Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking Terminals Needs More Minigames Then Just 1

Orrison

The hacking terminal minigame of putting together the lines was entertaining at first but what I think would really help is if there were 3-4 different ones that played at random it would make it much more interesting.

I would only agree with this if hacking went past only lifting a lockdown. If you could hack for benefits in a mission then sure, vary the hacking a bit. As it stands however, I see no need in varying the style by which you hack just to open a door or re-seal a window.

It's tough designing a "minigame" as you put it that is;

Challenging.

Has room for increased and decreased difficulty.

is straight forward and easy to grasp.

Isn't visually intensive or difficult to program.

Can be done many times a day without growing frustrating.

makes sense as a security protocal.

You know, all the hacking terminals in the game so far say, "Grinner Terminal" or something along those lines, regardless of the faction you're fighting.  The devs could possibly be making space for more minigames for different factions in the future.

I had thought about this, and I was pondering creating a forum post saying 'Let's (the community) design a Corpus Hacking Game'.  I may still do it if anyone thinks its a good idea, though it would be somewhat redundant with this thread.  I've got a vague concept in my head, and I'll see if I can draw it out in a meaningful way.

Even so, there are plenty of easy games where you just have to click with a mouse to play (Popcap Games makes a decent chunk of change on them), so as long as we don't pillaging any copyrights, we should be okay.