Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick & Simple Way To Take Out 2 Birds With 1 Glaive

N4G4M4K1

Melee combat is... a little more than lacking. I think we can all agree. It's already on the team's hitlist, so I figured I might as well throw in my 2 credits before anything is concrete.

The guard mechanic is a little redundant and not too useful at the moment. This suggestion would both make it a viable and lethal ability in the Tenno arsenal. I think it's a fairly simple change, but it could really add a new level of depth to melee combat. In layman's terms, you effectively change guarding into a guard/counter hybrid ability.

If you are able to guard before the impact of an enemies hit, let's say for the sake of example, a half a second before the hit, you will preform a counter animation that deals damage and, for a brief moment, makes you invulnerable. The counter could knock down, stagger, eviscerate, whatever you see fit. It would also serve to more differentiate weapons from eachother and give them their personality. I imagine that stealthy weapons would benefit the most from this type of dexterous maneuver. (It would receive a higher damage multiplier than larger weapons.)

SIDE NOTE- Another potential change to make it more practical, don't make it drain stamina over time. Rather than having it constantly drain, counteract that by making the amount used while actually blocking more significant. It would feel a lot more like I'm blocking something rather than deploying some sort of limited blade-based barrier.

To be fair, I would kill for a mod that turns my shields into tons of tiny flying swords.

Agreed. This might make blocking useful, since currently I've touched it once and then never used it again.

That sounds too good not to be a thing. Make it happen, DE team.