The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Mod Ideas! :d

Iraetus

So... remember Dark Sector?

Mod 1: Quick Throw

Description: Uncharged attacks become a fast Glaive throw combo. 

Upgrade: Increases Range

---------------------------------------

Mod 2: After Touch

Description: Allows user to control Glaive flight when thrown (Camera zooms in the Glaive like in Dark Sector but with no slomo)

Upgrade: Can still be controlable after 1/2/3 bounces

Mod 3: Disc of Horror

Description: Glaive slashes through enemies (The Glaive will still bounce off objects and walls)

Upgrade: Increase amount of enemies that Glaive can go through by 1/2/3 OR 2/4/6

Mod 4: Ricochet

Description: Increase amount of Glaive bounces

Upgrade: Increase amount of bounces by 4/5/6

Description: Allows user to control Glaive flight when thrown (Camera zooms in the Glaive like in Dark Sector but with no slomo)

I like this idea. But I'm not really sure on how you'd control it (didn't play Dark Sector and I can't use youtube or something to look it up).

How about having your melee button (default E) as a key to designate it's next target/location. This way you can throw the Glave, mark a couple of things up and still shoot stuff.

The other mods seem pretty neat as well, but I'm slightly unsure about the first one.

I like this idea. But I'm not really sure on how you'd control it (didn't play Dark Sector and I can't use youtube or something to look it up).

How about having your melee button (default E) as a key to designate it's next target/location. This way you can throw the Glave, mark a couple of things up and still shoot stuff.

The other mods seem pretty neat as well, but I'm slightly unsure about the first one.

First of all that would be OP.

Second: In Dark Sector the camera will go back in the Glaive (As if you are controling it) and then you can steer with it using your mouse.

In Dark Sector the camera actually followed the glaive while your character remained immobile, behind cover if you had a brain, and you could control it kind of like a glider.  No drastic turns or the like.  Guided missiles in more recent games had more mobility.  Effectively a limited telekinetic control of the flight path.  Good game really, I may have to get it again.

As far as mods, I like the going through enemies idea, it's predecessor had very little trouble rending bodies into several bits.

However, I would suggest a tweak to its base behavior rather than a mod.  It hits an enemy and bounces off in a random direction...considering we have very little ability to aim it I might suggest the charge time be able to be held down and have a line show up indicating the first ricochet.  As fast paced as this game is...and how the stealth is entirely more difficult and unpredictable than it should be...that seems impractical.  So I would suggest the 'random' factor of the ricochet when hitting an enemy could 'prefer' a direction more likely to strike another enemy rather than going in any random direction. 

Love the weapon, and I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being too harsh on it, looking forward to much more awesome in the future.

P.S. Hey Devs love your work thus far…I like the concept of the prime frames…but could we please be able to alter the gold?