Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Camera Modes?

BadKompany

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if its possible to disable "free" camera, so instead of rotating around your character it would make him face the direction you're looking at all times. Hopefully you guys know what I mean, I dont actually speak English very well.

Perhaps DE can add an OPTION like that in the future, I always thought that "locked" camera mode feels more responsive and immersive, and allows for a more tight control.

Its just my opinion though, let me know what you think!

Edit: An example of what I'm talking about would be games like Gears of War, and Mass Effect 3.

Edited by BadKompany

I think it's better on "free" because you can see the whole character, you can see your weapon, face, chest... Like Dead Space!!!! To me, there is no problem with the camera!

Like I said, personal preference. I completely understand your point of view, and I'm not calling this "a problem", I only wish this to be an option.

Like I said, personal preference. I completely understand your point of view, and I'm not calling this "a problem", I only wish this to be an option.

Actually, having the camera locked in that fashion would limit your ability to sprint backwards. It would, however, allow DE to make parkour much less tedious to do as far as button presses go, since the game would play more like an FPS like Brink. It'd also allow us to do those flips that you can do when you're holding down right click and jump back more regularly, too.

Actually, having the camera locked in that fashion would limit your ability to sprint backwards. It would, however, allow DE to make parkour much less tedious to do as far as button presses go, since the game would play more like an FPS like Brink. It'd also allow us to do those flips that you can do when you're holding down right click and jump back more regularly, too.

I kind of feel like I shouldt be able to sprint backwards, maybe Im just weird. Also, more backflips!

Edited by BadKompany

I kind of feel like I shouldt be able to sprint backwards, maybe Im just weird. Also, more backflips!

I'm just saying, it can't be an option because it changes gameplay, and it's a vital change at that.

I'd like to see the change myself, but it'd probably ruin the flow of gameplay, especially on bosses like Jackal.

I'm just saying, it can't be an option because it changes gameplay, and it's a vital change at that.

I'd like to see the change myself, but it'd probably ruin the flow of gameplay, especially on bosses like Jackal.

I see your point, but I dont think it would be a big deal. You would definately have to move your mouse around more though.

I see your point, but I dont think it would be a big deal. You would definately have to move your mouse around more though.

It's just a difference in mobility and utility. If someone can sprint in 8 directions and still keep their camera focused on their target, they're going to have an advantage over any locked player, who's essentially playing brink or Mirror's edge, but from a third person view. They can run and gun behind them while the locked players can't, and while the aesthetic of being able to flip at any time sounds nice, it's just not enough to compensate for the difference between the two modes.