Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Generic Game Feedback

Tudi69

I'm making this topic because i think this game has great potential. In case i sound a bit negative please understand it's because i want the game to become better.

Why i love this game :

- i love diablo like item crafting, progression, challange in the mechanics games

- i love the way lag is handled. Yes lag happens and 99% of the games handle it horribly. This game does not blame me for having a bad connection. I know this opens a gate for hackers, but i hope that will be approached differently

- i love the way graphics is simplifyed. I bet 99% of gamers look for the uber graphics, but that is not me.

What i would love to see improved :

- when you lag enemies tend to hang in the air, you can kill them multiple times....What bothers me most is that i have almost double ammunition consumption when i lag

- mods : need more mods, much more mods. Right now i use 3-5 mods / item. I would love to have constant frustration which ones to use or not

- progression pace : 2 of my friends quit on the first 5 mission because it got repetative. You need to throw a bone from time to time if you wish people to redo the same maps 20 times. dropping 20 amo drum mods might seem like a feature but not when you are lvl 1 at the start.

- midgame farming : i'm lvl 30 and farming 6 hours a day for mods and upgrades to be able to progress further on endgame missions. Infested heal faster then my dmg.

- secondary weapon : Apart from data recovery missions or when i run out of amo i do not use my secondary weapon.

- amo : on defense maps i tend to run out of amo. Would switch to a secondary weapon but that is far from the primary

- melee : i would love to see this be more viable. Right now my primary ranged weapon is much better. I imagined this to be something lethal. I mean why use a sword in a game where everyone uses sniper rifles ?

- teamup : donno if it's a bug or something but ingame info says there are ex 40 teams playing and i tend to wait for 15 minutes to start a multiplayer game. Forever alone :(

- drops : got a few times to lvl 25 on defense maps and all i got is close to same mods as on lvl 1 :) Maybe limit the noob mods on a map where you die from 2 shots ?

- sell prices are a bit wtf, buy prices are a bit wtf, some buyable items are a bit wtf. It's ok, the game is in beta, but did anyone buy these items at all ?

Thanks !

Edited by Tudi69

A lot of these "complaints" are your fault...seriously, you only use 3-5 mods per item and never make use of secondary weapons?

And melee not viable, what are you smoking?

As for the multiplayer...don't go on missions where no one is playing, with some squads on a single mission you will find games pretty fast (what you are referring to is squads per planetary system..), or start one yourself and watch how the ranks fill.

I won't even bother to continue, you should read up on some stuff and then think again, before posting this b*****.

A lot of these "complaints" are your fault...seriously, you only use 3-5 mods per item and never make use of secondary weapons?

As for the multiplayer...don't go on missions where no one is playing, with some squads on a single mission you will find games pretty fast (what you are referring to is squads per planetary system..), or start one yourself and watch how the ranks fill.

I won't even bother to continue, you should read up on some stuff and then think again, before posting this b*****.

Well, you are probably right. But if you are a game maker that wants to build a game to be widely used then sometimes it does not hurt to listen to the minority of players instead blaming them. Cause you know, the customer is always right even when he is wrong.

Don't get me wrong when saying "listen to them". People hardly know to express themself, instead use that info and work on a better solution.

Let me elaborate on that 3-5 mods.

I use braton because i did not afford yet to get anything else. I can't upgrade speed of it because i already have an amo quantity issue due to my current lags(shoot more then needed ). I can't upgrade ammo capacity cause i do not find enough amo to max it out ingame ( pointless ). This leaves me to dmg boosting mods : serration, hellfire, stormbringer, point strike -> already at 30 slots used  - 4 mods

I use excalibur with : splash dash, vitality, redirection, radial jewelin, fast deflection - 5 mods

my melee is lvl 7 atm so 1 mod there. I hardly use pistol so it's not relevant, my sentinel is also lvl 2...

I would love to use reactors but i have found none.

I would love to use some other less costy mods to be combine them more but i have not found any yet.

Edited by Tudi69

With posts like this I think it'll be better if you just gave him a downvote. The guy's just new to the game, and he does make some valid points.

The lag issue is still a work in progress. Try joining private games with friends who live in the same region and you should get a better latency. (or reduce your graphics settings) Sometimes you'll see corpses hanging in the air because the boltor pins them to the wall. It's not a bug. It's intended.

Progression shouldn't be a problem if you play with other well equipped players who can carry the team.

Melee weapons can be extremely powerful if you use them correctly. Charge attacks deal armor ignoring damage. With the right mods, you can one hit ancients.

Teamup: play on a region with more people or play defense/assassination maps. There are usually more people in defense or assassination missions.

Drops: play on higher level regions and you'll get more rare drops.

Prices: The game isn't designed to give you credits by selling items. As for buy prices, I assume you're talking about platinum prices? The warframes / weapons are quite pricey, so as most people have suggested, spend your platinum on the warframe and weapon slots and orokin reactors/catalysts instead and craft the rest.