Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Reload Overhaul.

-Vondred-

I would like a shotgun that reloaded a shell at a time ( I finally got my first shotgun a few days ago and it's awesome) but I don't think they should go and change the shotguns we have now. Instead it should be implemented when they add a pump action shotgun. It would be slow firing and even more powerful than other shotguns but, it would have a small clip and take a very long time to reload. This is where the per shell reload would come in and where it belongs. It's an awesome feature that should be in the game but I don't think we have a weapon that really calls for it yet.

If you are having reload problems...getting interrupted/stunned. 

when you are about 75-80% done reloading then hit E for a fast meele or even dubble hit left shift to do a roll and you will have full ammo in the clip.

so basicly you can do different actions while reloading. this should help you quite abit to get them bullets into your gun in a tight spot

Edited by Trancemaster

If you are having reload problems...getting interrupted/stunned. 

when you are about 75-80% done reloading then hit E for a fast meele or even dubble hit left shift to do a roll and you will have full ammo in the clip.

so basicly you can do different actions while reloading. this should help you quite abit to get them bullets into your gun in a tight spot

But this is counted as an Exploit.  It will be fixed.  It needs to be legit.

addressing the animation concerns a quick search turned up this video tutorial showing how to reload a shotgun efficiently.

I think this is an interesting idea that neither buffs nor debuffs shotguns but provides additional utility to the existing mechanic. Implementation may or may not require adjustment to the Boar- but the Strun and Hek should be fine with this.

Personally I could take or leave this feature, there's nothing overly positive about it, but there's also nothing bad about it.

The reload time that the man takes in the video with 8 shells is actually QUICKER then the actual clip reload for the Strun -- that being said, the ability to load in single shells would not look bad if done this way, and would actually look slower than what's shown in the video.

Again, I feel the reload speed to fill 6 shells would be the same base speed as the clip.   There is no buff there, that is correct.

AnalogAnomaly, thank you for the video.  I'll add it to the main post to better emphasis the idea. :)

I think switching to a sidearm would be more effective if the drawspeed was faster. Right now, when you switch to a secondary, you take your sweet time holstering your primary and taking out your secondary. Which takes about the same time as reloading any gun except for a Gorgon.

I think switching to a sidearm would be more effective if the drawspeed was faster. Right now, when you switch to a secondary, you take your sweet time holstering your primary and taking out your secondary. Which takes about the same time as reloading any gun except for a Gorgon.

This is an idea I could support.

Why do shotguns deserve a buff to their reloading time? You haven't made a single point for this. This thread can be summarised by "Here's a way to buff shotguns". 

It wouldn't be a "buff" ... it would be a different mechanic. Shotguns would still reload the same amount of shells in the same amount of time .... just without having to start over at 'shell one' if you jump or click a door panel 2.5 seconds into a 3.0 second channel.

If you haven't spent a prolific amount of time using shotguns, then I suggest you gain some perspective on just how often shotgun-users have to reload. It takes longer to reload shotguns than it does to empty the clip! It's quite absurd how many actions interrupt reloading.

Edited by Qb3rt

It wouldn't be a "buff" ... it would be a different mechanic. Shotguns would still reload the same amount of shells in the same amount of time .... just without having to start over at 'shell one' if you jump or click a door panel 2.5 seconds into a 3.0 second channel.

If you haven't spent a prolific amount of time using shotguns, then I suggest you gain some perspective on just how often shotgun-users have to reload. It takes longer to reload shotguns than it does to empty the clip! It's quite absurd how many actions interrupt reloading.

True, I never understood why a ninja- much less a space ninja, couldn't reload while sliding across the floor.