The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Plat-For-Revive System

(PSN)WiiConquered

Look at all the hallway heros. I don't have a problem with people who want to do it, but a lot can and do because there's no fear of death. If I'm a mile away from my teammates it's not about "will they revive me if I go down" because I can just pop back up right away.

"Look at all the hallway heros" < Lol?

If your problem is with being able to pop up back in right after you die, why didn't you suggest removing the "After death respawn", instead of focusing on removing one of DE's several ways to generate income? Because they do need money to keep the game going and it's not like it's a major game breaking feature.

You're just ranting on about not getting the rewards you don't deserve, if you get killed while doing a mission for a specific reward, then get the F*** out, gear up with better S#&$, go back in and wreck the place... Nobody is forcing you to do high level missions whilst badly armed.

Everyone had to start from the ground up... Don't be so cocky and learn to play, instead of suggesting removing a feature just because it denies you from getting something you have to work for.

Edited by Kelkha

I have never bought revives, unless I've forgotten buying them in the first few days of play.

This is just one of many things that makes Warframe unapproachable to new players. I don't see the purpose, it just seems openly hostile: it disproportionately hurts new players, it makes an unabashed statement that money is more important than a new player actually enjoying the game and having the freedom to make mistakes without being needlessly penalized for it.

DE really needs to improve their first-impression for new players, I've had several friends throw their hands up and quit Warframe well before reaching what I would call the 'tipping point' where the game actually becomes more fun than it is work. And the revive-for-dollars mechanic is very much a red flag for new players, that at the end of the day, their entertainment is going to take a backseat.

"Look at all the hallway heros" < Lol?

If your problem is with being able to pop up back in right after you die, why didn't you suggest removing the "After death respawn", instead of focusing on removing one of DE's several ways to generate income? Because they do need money to keep the game going and it's not like it's a major game breaking feature.

You're just ranting on about not getting the rewards you don't deserve, if you get killed while doing a mission for a specific reward, then get the F*** out, gear up with better S#&$, go back in and wreck the place... Nobody is forcing you to do high level missions whilst badly armed.

Everyone had to start from the ground up... Don't be so cocky and learn to play, instead of suggesting removing a feature just because it denies you from getting something you have to work for.

Don't start leveling accusations at me because you're making them up and they aren't true. I have never lost rewards in a match, but I've seen it happen to new players several times. Once again, the revive system isn't a limiter for players who've been around awhile. It disproportionately hurts newer players and makes the game seem like more of a cash trap than it is (because they don't know how it works and that it becomes less important the more you play).

I've never seen a player higher than MR3 buy revives, and I've never seen a player higher than that think it was a good decision. It's like the market resources: it only hurts new players (who are using starter plat and not real money to get it anyway).

I have never bought revives, unless I've forgotten buying them in the first few days of play.

This is just one of many things that makes Warframe unapproachable to new players. I don't see the purpose, it just seems openly hostile: it disproportionately hurts new players, it makes an unabashed statement that money is more important than a new player actually enjoying the game and having the freedom to make mistakes without being needlessly penalized for it.

DE really needs to improve their first-impression for new players, I've had several friends throw their hands up and quit Warframe well before reaching what I would call the 'tipping point' where the game actually becomes more fun than it is work. And the revive-for-dollars mechanic is very much a red flag for new players, that at the end of the day, their entertainment is going to take a backseat.

This is my point, perhaps stated better.

Alright, then we all agree that Warframe's first impression to new players is not what it actually is, but i don't think that removing the plat-for-revive would change anything. The only thing i think it hurts the players, is their non ability to understand that buying extra revives for 12p or whatever it costs, is a waste of money, and perhaps, they would only need to be informed.

But by who?

DE surely wouldn't talk against their money making methods. I for one, as stated previously, never bought extra revives, maybe because i didn't die much at the beginning , praise Loki, or most likely i had a moment to think about it, and realize that it's a waste of platinum when i could profit by using it to buy stuff i would always require, SLOTS! But... back in the day, we had many less distractions than now... We have plenty of cosmetics driving away new player's focus, making them use starter platinum on useless gimmicks and visuals.

If DE doesn't make a move concerning this, i guess new players must be smart, and think a little before making rushed decisions, after all, it still is an "optional" option.

To WiiConquered, excuse myself for deviating the conversation onto your personal endeavours, assuming, accusing and deriding you.

Edited by Kelkha

Alright, then we all agree that Warframe's first impression to new players is not what it actually is, but i don't think that removing the plat-for-revive would change anything. The only thing i think it hurts the players, is their non ability to understand that buying extra revives for 12p or whatever it costs, is a waste of money, and perhaps, they would only need to be informed.

But by who?

DE surely wouldn't talk against their money making methods. I for one, as stated previously, never bought extra revives, maybe because i didn't die much at the beginning , praise Loki, or most likely i had a moment to think about it, and realize that it's a waste of platinum when i could profit by using it to buy stuff i would always require, SLOTS! But... back in the day, we had many less distractions than now... We have plenty of cosmetics driving away new player's focus, making them use starter platinum on useless gimmicks and visuals.

If DE doesn't make a move concerning this, i guess new players must be smart, and think a little before making rushed decisions, after all, it still is an "optional" option.

To WiiConquered, excuse myself for deviating the conversation onto your personal endeavours, assuming, accusing and deriding you.

Well I guess I find it difficult to see value in a system that asks money for stuff no one wants. I don't know how much money DE makes off it, but I'd bet they lose as much potential cash from new players who are pushed away in part because of it as they gain from people buying it (again, almost always with starter plat and not real cash).

Players do need to be smart when deciding what to buy. But if there's an item that isn't smart for anyone to buy, it should probably not exist.

As for the personal stuff, it's alright. It happens.

It's an incentive to get more frames.

That is if you've the capacity to google 'warframe revive', click https://warframe.com/game/quickstart and find 'revive'.

"Each Warframe has the power to self-revive 4 times every 24 hours. If you run out of revives, you can wait until the next day for them to automatically recharge or consume Platinum to receive them right away. If you choose not to revive in a mission, your Warframe is not destroyed and will still survive to play other missions. Learning when to use revives and when it’s worth simply forfeiting a mission is all part of playing Warframe!"

It is a little inane, and really just serves as a trap for newer players to instantly lose their starter plat. 

F2p games do prey on new players, i did it myself.

Can't argue with that. I agree that one of the major sins of Warframe is that it utterly fails to make most players feel like they are getting a good deal for their money. You shouldn't need to look up a guide to how you should spend your premium currency and not get totally ripped off. The whole Market setup is totally messed up, and they sell so many things that are just awful. Revives are a drop in the bucket of grievances compared to Mod Packs, or the farce that is the Popular section.