Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Support Visual Effects For More Team Play Focus

Sagefoxwood

so rushing is a bit of a downer for those people wanting the team play experience from the game and i got thinking and thought to myself "well theres always gunna be those people that rush... but what about the people who want to play as a team"

and then i thought what would really be kewl is instead of having to point my mouse over at someone that i think is kind of hurt or something there should be some visual effects for other people in your team to see when your shield is about to go down by said player starting to glow like something similar to when carrying an artifact or while extracting a prisoner

this would be something visible only to other team mates you wouldnt see yourself glow but they would see that your glowing so your shield is about to go down

also thought about some Health bar displays for players using trinity  or other more support role frames just small health bars somewhat transparent would be good ones similar to those that u get when u have been downed

i feel these visual effects would help improve team play dramatically even for none supportive frames

just of the top of my head because i use ash quite abit if i saw someone whos shield was about to break i should teleport over and pop a smoke screen so they could get to some cover abit more easily

anyway if u made it this far thanks for reading my poorly made post (b'.')b

Press Z while in game to view players health and shields. 

I think they just need a UI option to lock it open. 

Also with Ash your Smoke doesn't cover them. Stuns area and Makes you invisible allowing you to res them :D

Edited by Motox831

Press Z while in game to view players health and shields. 

I think they just need a UI option to lock it open. 

Also with Ash your Smoke doesn't cover them. Stuns area and Makes you invisible allowing you to res them :D

yes im well aware of that :P but its a stun for the enemy none the less

and Z is not really any help it dosent show shields :P and it could be quite troublesome to be constantly be checking that while trying to take care of all them pesky grineer and corpus / infested

something visual  that u can see on another player would have alot more visual appeal then a bar u have to look back and forth at when u can just see something like a visual effect on a team mate :3

thanks for the post tho :3

Edited by Sagefoxwood

And hitting Z... tab for me since I changed my buttons, keeps me from doing anything else when I check. Can't move, can't fight, cant defend myself. I agree it'd be nice if we had a way to toggle it like we can for crouching. Toggle aiming would be nice too now that I think of it.

Being able to see their shields on z-tab should be an easy thing to add though, so you can tell if someone is getting kicked around a lot or not. Not to mention I cant really mouse over people and see numerical displays for how strong their shields/health actually are or not.

Edited by unmog