The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1St Swing Of Heavy Weapons Looks Unnatural

xenoffense

I just feel the need to point of that the 1st swing while doing normal attacks with Gram, Fragor, and Scindo looks very unnatural.

- the weapon is resting on the players back with the handle over the left shoulder

- it makes sense that they would grab it from their back and swing it in one motion for the 1st strike but instead it just appears directly in front of their face and in their right hand pointed upward (instead of downward as was on their back)

the animation of the 4th swing (or one similar) would be much better suited for a first swing.

the animation chain looks great after it gets going though and it loops really really well.

big thanks to winterau for these pictures http://imgur.com/a/ZbGPa illustrating the "ninja weapon teleport"

Edited by xenoffense

Steam sets F12 for Screenshots (or at least for me) You have to upload them to your cloud after the game then you can view online to copy or paste. 

Also the Are you just saying the way they grab it? I personally own the scindo and have zero troubles.

Although yesterday I had a bug where he didn't put the weapon back on his axe so I had the coolest axe gun you've ever seen lol. 

Steam sets F12 for Screenshots (or at least for me) You have to upload them to your cloud after the game then you can view online to copy or paste. 

Also the Are you just saying the way they grab it? I personally own the scindo and have zero troubles.

Although yesterday I had a bug where he didn't put the weapon back on his axe so I had the coolest axe gun you've ever seen lol. 

yea it's just the way they "grab it"

It's more that the weapon just teleports from their back to their right hand. The 1st swing animation looks fine in itself, but it isn't at all connected to the resting "sheathed" state.

I love most of the animations in this game, I'm just making a suggestion that I think would make it seem a lot more polished (like Ninja Gaiden)

If the 1st swing WERE to be a horizontal swing, they should make it so the character grabs the weapon and spins in a circle or something awesome like that, something that has a clear direction and a sense of momentum of the weapon (going into the animation i mean, the end of it has plenty of momentum)