Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-Waypoint Module Drops

PapaKicks

Yo, I really love playing scavenger hunt for stupid little things. Remember that time you killed a boss in megaman and he exploded in a giant loot piñata and you needed the weapon for the next stage but it fell into a Star Wars Forever Pit. that was some good game designing just in my expert and not sardonic opinion.

NO! The only solution for thief's wit to waypoint them. Then the dratted things would have a use!

LOL I actually thought this mod meant auto pick up all loot within the distance shown, not just show where the breakable lootables are, never used it since.

Edit - Forgot to also say I agree with you, as long as it doesn't show on mini map so to still promote team play since you have to be within screen distance of the drop.

Edited by Saxo

yheah let's promote team play in the most banal way possible. HEY, MARK THE LOOT FOR ME MATE. JUST FINISHED MOWING DOWN A ROOM OF 50 DUDES IN HERE SOLO AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY LOOT OVER THERE. MARK ME, I MARK BACK. A+++++ WOULD GROUP AGAIN

Seeing them through walls or auto-waypointing them is a good idea. Like sometimes you see one drop at range, but then falls out of sight so you can't waypoint it clearly to everyone else. Or you see several in different locations, but you only have one waypoint. Or the game is lagging like crazy so it does this comically slow, clunky fall that makes it impossible to waypoint unless you wait ten seconds. And also it is an annoying, skilless, uninteresting task, exactly the kind of tasks machines are used to automate.

And just because Thief's Wit is useless does not mean we need to shoehorn something into it, particularly something that no sane person would use mod slots on, and especially not something that is literally just an extension of what everyone can already do.

a little more time using your eyes eliminates this problem. Besides if you miss one big deal, just play the level again or keep on trekking and enjoy the game.

Unless you can see through walls this suggestion is useless. Unless it's a large room, all 4 players are rarely in the same room...

Not only that but because of the games odd physics on drops, I've found mods in the weirdest of places. Such as completely hidden unless you look straight down.

---ORIGINAL POST---

For the love of Lotus, please auto-waypoint modules.

---EDIT---

Please read the whole thread, a few players explained the reasons why this is needed much much better than I can.

Replies to people:

- I made a bug post saying that theif's wit does not display modules. I would be entirely satisfied with that fixed.

Seeing them through walls would be just fine.

- Some of you need to try playing random groups more often to understand things like this. Players who run off chasing an enemy, players who rush way ahead maybe taking a different path than the rest of the group, players getting temporarily lost, players who just don't care enough to waypoint, players who don't know how to waypoint, players who don't know they should waypoint.

atGFqZM.jpg

I agree this game needs auto loot marking, In PUG's it's hard finding a good team, most people just rush through the mission ignoring enemys and not marking loot, this doesn't help new players get the mods and items they need and it also doesn't help the new players get into the game. So yes Loot Marking should be automatic or part of a mod, but if they do it through a mod it should be a fairly common mod as it being a rare mod would defeat it's perpose

Edited by StahlEngel

i think this would be ok but not getting rid of waypoint completely like pointing a direction if someone is loss or point where material is such as alloy plate etc. automatic way point should be pointing where mods is at only since some people don't bother to mark them for the rest of the team.

Edited by Girai

It seems a bit unnecessary to me.  I get a certain feeling of **smug** when I find a mod and mark it for my team.  It makes me feel involved and like I am contributing something extra.

Being able to see them all the time would diminish from that - so I am going to say no to this one.

This is why. It brings added teamwork into the game. I would not be surprised if they added it in as a sentinel mod though.

Fully agree with CloudPies !

I dont think they should be seen through walls, that would just look ridiculous, and auto waypoint's would make it too easy.

If your sick of joining randoms every time you play, then join a clan, make some mates and voice chat etc.

Those features are there for a reason !

I would say put that in a mod or even a new artifact (Why we have enemy radar artifact with enemy sense but not loot radar artifact when there is thief's wit is really beyond me) and the auto-waypoint auto disappears as soon as the one with mod/artifact leaves the scene/range/minimap.  That should not change the gameplay too much (people who stick together would have less chores to do while people who rushes to front still finds it obnoxious)