Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Usage Of Lesser Powers

Kar-Chee

Fact 1: Even though the lesser powers are cool looking and fun, they are (usually) very ineffective for their cost (They usually do rougly the same thing as a few shot from your main weapon and cost 25 energy)

Fact 2: Variability is fun. Right now the game is gun and run with the occasional cast of your most used high powered skill or two. That is a wasted potential of many skills.

Fact 3: The game is much more fun with 4 energy siphons in your party. Which is hard to obtain. (more so now when you cant hold the alert for your friends to get from wok/school etc.). And almost impossible in PUG.

Suggestion 1: Deus Ex: Human Revolution way. Let the last 25 energy regenerate very quickly. That way you can choose to save your energy for your big spells, or spam one or two weak spells in every room. That is variability. That is fun.

Suggestion 2: Dishonored way. After every energy use, let some portion of it regenerate. Same result but amplified, as all spells, not only the weakest would be cast more.

Suggestion 3: Cooldowns. Let some of your spells not use energy but cooldowns. That way you can balance and tweak spammability (is that a word?) of every individual lesser spells.

Edited by Kar-Chee

Suggestion 3: Cooldowns. Let some of your spells not use energy but cooldowns. That way you can balance and tweak spammability (is that a word?) of every individual lesser spells.

I think this in combination of lowering the energy cost would be a more viable option. You could have a lesser power cost 10 energy but with a cooldown between 5-10 seconds

No to cooldowns, but I'd be interested in a 25 passive regen. Cooldowns, especially as far as "powers" are concerned, seem so limiting in concept. It wouldn't make logical sense, that you can cast a power but have to wait 5 seconds before you can cast the exact same power and you haven't lost/gained any energy.

My thoughts anyway.

This is why I like utility abilities; they don't try to do the same job as your weapons.

I like the idea of 25 energy automatic regen, though a percentage of your total energy pool would probably be better.  Bonus points for a mod to improve this ability (+15% to regen pool or something).

This is why I like utility abilities; they don't try to do the same job as your weapons.

I like the idea of 25 energy automatic regen, though a percentage of your total energy pool would probably be better.  Bonus points for a mod to improve this ability (+15% to regen pool or something).

Yes they could completely integrate it as a rune that would regenerate the last x% of your power.

Edited by Kar-Chee