Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Better Host Picking

psycling

Could not find a post regarding this, so i'm going ahead and make one, on the off chance it does exist i'm sorry.

The current system of host picking seems to just take the first player as the host.

And by my experience in game this seems to a bad idea, as many players does not have the hardware or connection to support much more than their own gaming experience.

I suggest a system that's that run a quick ping test and and upload/download a few MB of random data(this needs to happen every 10 mins or so) to determine the the connection, also a small hardware check on game startup and of course pick one that supports the needs to be the host.

On a side note, remember to use geo lookup, so a player from the states don't throw results off on EU servers. ^^

Over and out.

Edited by psycling

All for this, amount of times my buddies have been offline so ive had to wait for a squad to show for a mission i need to do, only to be dropped into a game that has the latency akin to a snail navigating a sheer cliff face in gale force winds. Sure, youre nigh invincible, but there something unsettling about watching space Ninjas rubber banding around a space stations whilst grineer moonwalk on the spot.

1000% agree.

Though the frequency is unnecessary. Most people's computer specs won't change often.
I'd recommend a one time hardware check, and a weekly connection check.

That said - They are working on the hosting issues, and I'm guessing their fix will be better designed (no offense).