Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea To The Energy Siphon Artifact And Energy Regen

MetroidHunter26

Instead of having Energy Siphon give 1 energy every 2 sec why not have that base line? Make Energy Siphon like a Scavenger Artifact but you find more Energy Orbs instead of ammo and the energy regen. I feel that having an Energy pool that will slowly regenerate will make Solo experiences better overall and some instances where you need energy and no enemies are around.

I feel like this would affect the gameplay in a big way seeing as I find myself using energy siphon all the time because its that good! Regenerating some energy during Defense missions, Boss fights, and in general really helps to keep going instead of back tracking and looking for energy.

This is mostly just a thought that popped in about the Artifact itself as I use it a lot and most of my friends do too.

Thoughts? Comments?

Edited by MetroidHunter26

I don't.. quite agree with making the Siphon like a Scavenger-based artifact. I currently like it the way it is, personally speaking.

Not saying its a bad idea, but maybe having it as a different artifact instead of changing how Energy Siphon works. Now, a minor buff to the scavenger artifacts may not be so bad of an idea. But giving it a regenerating effect would defeat the purpose of the "scavenger" aspect of it. However, a good thing to do would be to increase the ammo you get from the ammo boxes you pick up, on top of the drop rate increasing for the X Scavenger artifact. Not by much, maybe like an extra 5 or 10 would be good.

Personally, I think the artifacts should all do all three, slow regeneration, more items found, and more increase per item.

More importantly, though, I do think Energy Siphon should just be wrapped into the default function of the frames.  Right now it seems a good 90% of players I meet are using Energy Siphon full-time, and those who aren't are relying on the fact that their teammates will be.  It's just too good compared to the other artifacts to pass up.  Even if you significantly buffed the other artifacts, I think you'd see an extremely strong showing from energy siphon as long as energy doesn't regenerate naturally.  On the other hand, if we had a 1/tick regeneration naturally, and energy siphon raised that to 2/tick (or however much), you'd see a lot more variation.  That initial regeneration compared to relying on orbs is extremely important, simply increasing the amount is usually less so.