Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nailing To Walls Should Feel Better Than It Does

Minnow23

I was fighting through a Grineer mining base using my AKBoltos and when I shot a Lancer in the head I noticed that instead of flying fifty feet into a wall he just sort of slumped over and fell on his face. For some reason when this happened I thought "Wow, that looks so much cooler than when I pin an enemy to the wall!"

Then I thought, "How the hell did this happen?" It seems to me like nailing an enemy to a wall should feel awesome, I should look forward to an enemy being hung like a trophy with a nail in his chest, but it just doesn't feel special.

The first time I pinned a Grineer's smug face to a rock wall it felt awesome, but it just happens so much that it lost all of its appeal. Now I get excited when I see an enemy take a bolt in the same way they would take a bullet, which is totally backwards.

My suggestion is that the chance of pinning an enemy to a wall should go way down, to the point where it is an occasional treat rather than the norm. If a weapon's selling point is "It pins enemies to walls" then it should feel awesome to pin an enemy to a wall, but if it happens every single time it's going to lose its appeal.

tl;dr - To make pinning an enemy to a wall feel more rewarding it should be a much less common occurrence.

I think it's fun with paris and boltor because the bolts feel like they have weight from the sounds.  AKboltos have a not-so-threatening PFFT PFFT PFFT.  Paris sounds like a heavy arrow twang, and boltor feels like you're firing railroad spikes.  Akboltos sound like twin pneumatic dart guns.