Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Idea, New Actions In Warframe.

Aquartos

i noted that, warframe very dynamic action, but sometimes(high levels) it can be lengthy shootout ... so, little offer for developers...

Maybe we should to develop a system of shelters?(covering behind the walls or another objects, like a NPC?) lean back against the wall?(when sitting too) for example, it can be "Q" key(or another) for hide behind cover-wall(then holding right click for pop out and aiming). I think, that will looks naturally and more cinematic, than now(no we have no hide system and just can stay behind from it without a key and special animation)

and it should to give additional bonus to sneak(stealth), enemies will be more difficult to detect you if you clung to the wall.

(and should we should to note, that you can not just hide behind the same place beyond which is the other player, o avoid overlapping models (when one goes through a different model) )

i hope my idea is clear... just additional action key for hiding(covering) behind the wall and then holding right click to pop out from it and aiming... this idea is already realised in almost all new 3rd person actions.

NPC in warframe already can hide behind the walls, looks very cinematic and cool :) 

I think we have to teach our WARFRAMES to do the same

Edited by Aquartos

Directly from the FAQ

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)
We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.

ths for answer...so tired... IT CANT BE FAST ACTION IN CLOSE AND DARK(AND BORING) CORRIDORS!!!(but if they make more oper air maps...)

Directly from the FAQ

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)
We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.

why developers means that ninja never use the COVERS??? i mean, if player is SLOW he will use covers now(without animation and special key)...

if player want to feel yourself like a ninja he will not use the covers, but FOR EXAMPLE, MY WIFE, she always use the covers and slow playing style(so, but developers dont like it?) just make this button for slow players!