The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Chroma And Armor Buffs

Vanadium

Question

So, I heard a nasty rumor that Vex Armor currently only buffs Chroma's base armor value. If that's the case, then you end up with something like 3.5k armor with 600 on the side from maxed Steel Fiber and Elemental Ward (which is pretty great but you wouldn't really need Steel Fiber then).

So I'm wondering if anyone's done enough testing to confirm if:

1) Vex Armor's Scorn applies to the combined armor value of Base + Steel Fiber + 250 from Elemental Ward

and if not

2) If it at least applies to Base + EW.

If not, there's not much point to using Ice Chroma, since Cold dmg isn't that great.

Any knowledge to share? Or just a "Which Chroma is the best Chroma?"

4 answers to this question

I didn't really notice a significant difference to damage taken per hit between Ice Chroma and Toxic Chroma, so I think that Elemental Ward is just a straight-up +150 armor slapped on to the total (does not scale from Vex). I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to this, though, so I might be completely wrong.

The beauty of Ice Chroma, though, is that whenever you take damage, the enemy that dealt damage to you has a 25% chance of getting ice proc'd, regardless of their range or what animation they're doing. (Compare to electric procs, which won't stun enemies if they're doing a special animation such as ground pounds, hiding behind cover, jumping/vaulting, etc. Plus, Electric EW will only stun enemies within 12m, affected by range. Yuck.) So this means that rapid-fire units like Lancers and Heavy Gunners will spend almost all of their time in slow-mo when fighting you.

This is what drew me to Ice Chroma most, and it's the reason that I would use Ice over any other element even if there wasn't an armor buff at all. xD

Edited by SortaRandom

So, I heard a nasty rumor that Vex Armor currently only buffs Chroma's base armor value. If that's the case, then you end up with something like 3.5k armor with 600 on the side from maxed Steel Fiber and Elemental Ward (which is pretty great but you wouldn't really need Steel Fiber then).

So I'm wondering if anyone's done enough testing to confirm if:

1) Vex Armor's Scorn applies to the combined armor value of Base + Steel Fiber + 250 from Elemental Ward

and if not

2) If it at least applies to Base + EW.

If not, there's not much point to using Ice Chroma, since Cold dmg isn't that great.

Any knowledge to share? Or just a "Which Chroma is the best Chroma?"

I'm pretty sure that is false. I asked a similar question about that and the general consensus was that it is treated like shields are from mods like vigor or redirection. The answer to your question though might be in here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/431756-sci-ants-comprehensive-chroma-armor-build-guide-v3-in-depth-with-calculations-and-results/