Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Passives.

Drakontis

I had a small idea for Warframes in general. I think it would be interesting to give them small, unique passives. These could be applied to only Primes, or to Primes and basic warframes. They would be Warframe specific. I have a few examples of ones that could be possible.

Frost : Overcoat : When Cryogenics fail on a ship, Frost does not take as much of a hit to his shields. Instead of dropping by 50 percent, they only drop by 25. (Possible expansion)> On Orokin Tile sets, his shields do not drop at all or only drop by 10 percent.

Ember : Fire Resistant : When a ship has ammo going up in flames, Ember does not take damage (Or takes reduced damage) from standing in fire. She also takes less damage from fire based attacks. (Such as Napalm Grineer) This may or may not effect boss abilities, such as Ambulas. (If only reduced damage is taken, Orokin Tile sets can completely nullify damage from ammo stores going up) She takes even less damage on Orokin Tile sets from fire damage. 

Rhino : Stand Your Ground : Rhino has a small chance of only being staggered from knockdown effects and not being affected at all by stun/stagger effects. On Orokin Tile sets, this chance increases. 

Saryn : Antivenom/Antidote : Saryn takes reduced damage from poison affecting her health. (Instead of say, 8 damage, it might do 6) and reduces the amount of ticks she takes from poison. On Orokin Tilesets, this is effect is improved. 

Excalibur : Swordplay : Excalibur does a small amount of bonus damage (Like 1 - 2 %) with melee weapons (or maybe just swords). On Orokin Tile sets, this damage bonus is improved. (maybe 2 - 5 %)

Volt : Going Green : Volt's power efficiency is slightly improved over other warframes. (A 1 - 2% increase in power efficiency) On Orokin Tile sets, this efficiency is improved (2 - 5 %)

Mag : Refraction : While taking shield damage from bullets, Mag has a small chance of deflecting a bullet, thus taking no damage from it. On Orokin Tile sets, bullets are reflected back at the shooter. 

Ash : Silent Night : Ash is able to execute stealth kills from slightly farther away than normal warframes, making stealth play more viable. On Orokin Tile sets, the range is increased and he gains a small amount of bonus damage (1-2%) 

Loki : Trickster : Attacking an enemy from the back has a small chance (1-2%) of dealing increased damage (1-2%). Orokin Tile sets increase the chance (2-5%) and the bonus damage dealt (2-5%). 

Nyx : Enchant : Upon taking melee damage to Shields or Health, Nyx has a small chance of "enchanting" the attacker, stunning them for a short time (1 second). (1-2% chance) On Orokin Tile sets, this chance is increased (2-5%) and the stun lasts a little longer(1.5-2 seconds)

Trinity : Health Share : Upon using a self health item, there is a chance (Maybe 25-50% due to the support nature) that the health will be evenly distributed across the team. Team heal items affected by this will get a small bonus (5 health per 100?) On Orokin Tile sets, this chance is increased (If 25%, increase to 50%, if 50%, increase to 75%) and a bonus is applied to shared health (5-10 additional health). Team heal items affected by this will get a larger bonus (10 health per 100)

Banshee : Death Mark : Upon getting hit, Banshee has a small chance (1-2%) of shouting, marking the enemy who damaged her and causing that enemy to take slightly increased damage (1% for 1 second). On Orokin Tile sets, this chance (2 - 5%) is increased, as is the bonus damage (2% for 2 seconds).

These will by no means be game changing or breaking due to the very small chances of these happening or simply due to the nature of the passive (Such as Trinity's and Ash's). These could be for all warframes or just for prime Frames. If they would only be in effect for Orokin Tile sets, the bonuses could only be applied at the first level. 

It was mentioned in live stream that Prime will have team passive buff while the regular warframes have more "selfish" advantages

I like your idea of awfully subtle advantages though.

I haven't looked at the livestream yet, but I thought these would be a neat idea and also go into giving them a more unique playstyle to an extent rather than just spamming weapon fire and abilities. 

personaly if let's say they put everything you said into the game, this sounds like a first person shooter league of legends.  other then the fact that if its 1 or 2 % yea thats not a huge change so it wont throw the game out of balence but people also wouldnt use a frame just cause they have that cause the 1 or 2% would be so rare you wouldnt count on it ever.  when it did happen it probly would be at the most useless times.

so then you would have to up it alot, which would have people soley useing one frame because of its new super thing that can only be used by it. so now it creates more balence issue plus the things that your saying would take more animations which would mean more computer power which would mean the computers who are super slow now and barely handleing the game wouldnt be able to handle it AT ALL so again more problems and it knocks out some players/computers. 

Looking at the livestream now, maybe these could be passive team buffs? 

Also, I don't see any of these really requiring new animations. Animations for all of these are already in place, between the marking with Banshees Sonar, Stun/Stagger animations, etc. Others will merely be stat changing or additional damage ticks or increased damage ticks. ( 100 + 1(Passive) + 5(Fire) + 5(Ice) etc... or 101 + 5(Fire) + 5(Ice) etc...) 

great idea *clicks like button*

Thanks. I'm hoping for more feedback on this because I think that a lot of these are great ideas and while some are situationally useful but quite powerful when they are (such as Frost's), others provide greater utility no matter what the environment or area.