The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden Strun Bug/nerf?

DrummerSoul13

Hi, I just bought a Strun yesterday and manage to level it up till level 20. It was working wonders at first after i added 75% armor piercing + 60% dmg and a 90% crit mod [don't have multi shot :(]. I was doing about 10 to 15+ dmg per pallet (each shot had at least 8 to 10 pallets i believe) on every mob. I was grinding in kappa at that time which was a level 20 to 25 area i believe?

Then I added a low % fire dmg mod and went to xini to farm on infested and suddenly even at the best range for shotguns,each shot from the Strun had only 2 to 3 pallets coming out of it both around 10 to 17 damage. I had to crank out on average about 5 shots to kill 1 charger and a few magazines full to just kill an ancient. I was wondering if this is a bug or something. I tried it again today on the grineer in kappa, the same thing happened, only 2 to 3 pallets appear. Is the number of pallets coming out a bug or maybe a nerf to the strun? Its really affecting the damage I'm doing pretty badly.

Btw when i tried it on general sargas ruk I i could dish out 24 damage but only ONE pallet appeared...makes me think that shotguns are useless against him. 

I don't know a lot about FPS/TPS games so any help/ advice will be appreciated. I'm kinda suspecting that the mods I use are in error or something. 

Thanks in advace.

P.s : Forgive the english

Bug report - - When hosting you see a lot more damage numbers when you fire your weapons. For example a shotgun burst will see a dozen plus numbers. When you are not joining you see far less, one or two damage numbers.

Just remember that your damage IS coming out, even though you don't get to see the floating numbers. From the sound of it you were on a laggy host also.

What I do is if you know you three shot an ancient, pull the trigger three times on the enemy, then move to the next target. Or if you know you one-shot a charger, shoot it once, and move on. Works like a charm. Though I really want them to fix that bug.

Bug report - - When hosting you see a lot more damage numbers when you fire your weapons. For example a shotgun burst will see a dozen plus numbers. When you are not joining you see far less, one or two damage numbers.

Just remember that your damage IS coming out, even though you don't get to see the floating numbers. From the sound of it you were on a laggy host also.

What I do is if you know you three shot an ancient, pull the trigger three times on the enemy, then move to the next target. Or if you know you one-shot a charger, shoot it once, and move on. Works like a charm. Though I really want them to fix that bug.

When i first got the Strun and started grinding in kappa. I was in much laggier host(s) before the sudden bug appeared. Even with horrible lag i could see the dozen of numbers flying out no problem. once i reach level 19 and went to xini. that was where everything seem to have nerfed down really badly. I was in wayyyy smoother host in xini than when i was in kappa but yet i was doing really bad damage (10 to 15 from just 2 pallets ) with decent accuracy at about 2 to 3 in game metres range. I had been spamming smokescreen with my ash it took me 5 shots to kill a charger and few magazines to kill an ancient. The difference is worlds apart compared to your 3 shot kill an ancient o.O 

that's what in most of the more "bullet spraying"  shooter people call hit-reg (hit registration issues), aka you fire, the client shows the particle effect (usuallly blood but in this game also the elemental effects) but the server doesn't acknowledge the fact that you've hit the target and doesn't aplly damage to the target, since this game is host based i think that they can do little or nothing to the problem since is probably that the host's client either due to ping or due to being low-end, it's very common in games and usually affects weapons with fast RoF more rarely Shotguns, probably you ended in an host with a bad computer that couldn't handle the sheer amount of bullets, specially if all your team where using shotguns/gorgons probably would have the same problem with RoF gorgon

Edited by bl4ckhunter

that's what in most of the more "bullet spraying"  shooter people call hit-reg (hit registration issues), aka you fire, the client shows the particle effect (usuallly blood but in this game also the elemental effects) but the server doesn't acknowledge the fact that you've hit the target and doesn't aplly damage to the target, since this game is host based i think that they can do little or nothing to the problem since is probably that the host's client either due to ping or due to being low-end, it's very common in games and usually affects weapons with fast RoF more rarely Shotguns, probably you ended in an host with a bad computer that couldn't handle the sheer amount of bullets, specially if all your team where using shotguns/gorgons probably would have the same problem with RoF gorgon

hmmm...that answers most of my problems. But I'm a solo player most of the time, I don't play with any of my friends cause all of them quit. So I end up playing with random people everytime and for the past dozen of missions the same problem keep occuring..this is getting pretty annoying. I guess i dont have to look forward to the hek anymore...especially if the same thing happens...

Infested take significantly reduced damage from armor piercing damage. Wheras Grineer have a damage multiplier from AP "element" damage, for non-ancient infested (i.e. chargers) it's more of a damage divider. In other words, the 75% AP mod was not helping nearly as much on Xini as Kappa.

Also, I think damage numbers act differently depending on if you're host or not. Shotguns in particular act funny for damage reporting, like the end of mission report is inaccurate with them. Did the health bar drop slower too, or was it just the number popups?

Try this in solo mode. The problem shouldn't be there.

tried it, it was there.

Infested take significantly reduced damage from armor piercing damage. Wheras Grineer have a damage multiplier from AP "element" damage, for non-ancient infested (i.e. chargers) it's more of a damage divider. In other words, the 75% AP mod was not helping nearly as much on Xini as Kappa.

Also, I think damage numbers act differently depending on if you're host or not. Shotguns in particular act funny for damage reporting, like the end of mission report is inaccurate with them. Did the health bar drop slower too, or was it just the number popups?

I see, most probably its the AP mods i guess.. i was doing horrible damage to infested ancients...the health bar drops significantly slower taking few magazines to kill one... as for grineer, i tried it again at kappa yesterday, with 75% armor piercing and 75% damage mods i had to 3 shot to kill a grineer lancer. all 3 shots were pretty dead on. all 3 shots only shot 2 to 3 pallets and doing 15 to 20 damage..i wasn't the host but I didnt feel any lag at all..could be a bug. i haven't tried it today to see if the prob is fixed or not though. 

thanks for all the answers guys! learnt quite a lot from this!