Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Amount To Rank Mastery

vieuxchat

At the moment, we have two ways to get mastey points : leveling warframe which grants 200 mastery points, and leveling weapons which grants 100 points.

Why not add some ways to get few mastery points (like 1 or 2 or 5 ?) and no more than 10 points per mission ?

For instance those things would grant you 1 point :

- Killing while sliding, wall runing

- Killing an enemy while you're below 2% of health

- Deciphering in less than 5 seconds without using cipher.

- Killing heavys with only headshots with at least 3 hits on the heavy (so guns that oneshots wouldn't grant mastery)

- One shot kills with headshot five times in a row

Add things to that list :)

the idea behind mastery is that you have mastered warframes and weapons.

if you made your kill count go up every time you jumped, it really wouldnt do its job as a thing that tracks kills.

because its linked into weapon and warframe related options. i wouldnt make sense if it did anything else.

The OP isn't asking for much, you would have to do those things fifty times to get the equivalent of one weapon rank. 

But I think the system should remain closed, not open to farming - even in tiny increments. 

the idea behind mastery is that you have mastered warframes and weapons.

if you made your kill count go up every time you jumped, it really wouldnt do its job as a thing that tracks kills.

because its linked into weapon and warframe related options. i wouldnt make sense if it did anything else.

Killing while sliding means you "master" your weapon a little. The level of the weapon isn't the only way to show you're a master with it.

If the mastery rank has to stay closed then why not add something akin to achievements that would grant mastery points ?

So each of the things I proposed would only give you mastery points once. (For instance you would get 20 mastery rank for killing 100 mobs while sliding)