The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Sugestions

SiewcaWiatru

I have two suggestions that would be fun in this game. 

1. More control over a melee weapon.

Now every attack looks the same from the point of use. You can just spam hit the 'e' button (by default) and avatar attacks in turns from left-to-right and right-to-left. You can also do a charged attack which effect depends on weapon.

Wouldn't it be more fun if a player could plan on how to attack an enemy? Apart from sliding (or aerial) cut it look s the same, players come close to enemy, for example boss, and spam the melee key till the enemy dies.

My suggestion is to make it more like in jedi-knight series, where it was uniquely done. Personally i didn't see any other game that would give that much control over a sword, apart from older 'die by the sword' game. I do know that melee was more important in jk3 series than in warframe although warframe also has some melee units and it would be nice to see some melee weapon collisions.

Blocking would be more supported by the in-game melee styles rather then just click and hold block key and infested leaper still knocks player down and do some dmg - by which i was dissapointed when i tried blocking. Now block key is never used, as everybody probably knows.

That would require a big melle rework, i know. 

So at least some fancy "Rune" like melee style? Player has just 3 types of attacks (to spam, apart from charge and slide):

- left-to-right

- right-to-left

- over the head

Any of the three could be default attack without any direction intended

That at least diffrentiates the melee game style and reduce 'spam the melee key'. It also would be usefull in future PvP.

At the begging it also annoyed me that infested charged came from my left side, and avatar started to attack from right side - wth, i'm attacked from left.

2. Melee weapon throw.

As i was thinking about melee style that was used in Rune, i remembered that player could actually throw a weapon in it. Then run by and collect it. It is also used in upcoming game "Overgrowth" which (i know..) also concentrates on only on martial arts and melee fighting.

This would also looks nice, as players dont have much choice of killing enemies silently at a distance, at the begging of game. And.. it looks so cool when u see a enemy with a sword (or giant axe ;) ) sticking out of his belly, head or back.

It would make glaive useless too, since swords doesn't come back to owner, right? Player would be left on its on without a melee weapon so it could be exploited too muched.

Throwing daggers could be a good substitution to this idea but a sword sticking out of a dead grineer  would be more funny ;).

This of course generates whole new buggs like collision detection, weapons lost in walls etc. 

Castaway melee weapon could be pointed at minimap so that players won't have to think where it landed.