Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"advanced Maps"

Here

With all the debates about whether or not "advanced techniques" should be removed or not due to the nature of being "unintended," I thought maybe it could be added as a gameplay mechanic. But stamina and the stamina mod would have to go seeing as how it really serves no real purpose in this game(being space ninjas and all).

Basically what would add a bit more variety to the current maps are maps that are more vertical in design. Even better if there was no "conventional" way to reach the top like elevators and such. This would force the player to rely on their "ninja" skills to reach their destination. At the moment, some of the grineer elevators can be bypassed by doing a back to back wall jump and it would be nice to see some maps actually require that technique to progress. (visualizing Metroid Prime stages as I type this)

But of course, these types of maps should only be unlocked after passing certain tests (think challenge stages or the Portal series which requires built up knowledge from foundations). It would also be nice if there was a practice map(looking like the test stage) with no enemies or target dummies(but tons of walls) just to practice maneuvers with.

This way, there is a more legitimate use of the "Advanced Techniques," and also more variety in gameplay.

But the downside of this is that it would take some(probably a lot) of work to design new vertical chunks of the map seeing as how it's currently pretty horizontal in nature movement-wise. Also that slower weapons would possibly not work for certain techniques.

One more thing I'd like to mention is that an "emergency mode" event would be interesting as well - like some hazard is approaching and you get put on a timer to escape the map as fast as possible or you lose.

For those that don't know what "Advanced Techniques" are, it's basically these:

If you have played enough, you would have picked up some of these like I have.
The single infinite wall climb could go though, if vertical maps are to be used. Either that or walls would have like a block protruding so that players cannot reach the top with that.

With all the debates about whether or not "advanced techniques" should be removed or not due to the nature of being "unintended," I thought maybe it could be added as a gameplay mechanic. But stamina and the stamina mod would have to go seeing as how it really serves no real purpose in this game(being space ninjas and all).

I like the stamina system. You can Sprint, Melee and Parry (Jedi style)  without making all of those actions OP.

AT's are purely exploitation, but in a good way they make the game more skill based (a good thing) were the amount of time you play increases how good you are and not based on how much u spent on your items.

There's a rather large elevator on one of the Corpus Missions that you can climb up because it's broken or whatnot. Corpus sometimes drop down through it for a spawn. Me and a few friends managed to climb up it. More areas where this is available would be pretty nifty, even if it was only an alternative instead of a requirement to get someplace. Some people don't have the know-how or key coordination to do it. 

I don't really like the infinite wall climb technique. I've used it, but it just feels so... awkward. On the other hand, I love using that same technique to change directions mid-wallrun. I don't really know how to explain it, but it just flows really well with the rest of the movement. *shrugs*

So I kinda want the infinite vertical climb removed but the wallrun direction change kept, I guess. But that's just me.

Edit: More on topic, advanced maps like that would be awesome.

Edited by Quetzhal