Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hack An Orokin Container/special Site After/during Boss Kill To Get Loot

Vanadio

Why a Grineer marine or Corpus devout should have a piece of ultra high tech Orokin technology like a warframe helmet in his pocket?

Orokin civilization ruins (and tech hidden in them) are scattered around solar system, it would be cool if the Tenno were the only ones to actually be able to exploit these sites and benefit.

Imagine Grineer that patrol the ruin area, where they found the artifact, scraping their head to find a way to unlock it. Maybe they will make it EXPLODE if they are under attack, cause they don't want to leave Tenno the technology, and the mission become a fight against the clock! :) As soon as you're spotted, clock starts (welcome stealther! You now have more time to fight the boss if you arrive unnoticed!)

Or the Corpus, they know well Orokin tech, so Tenno must defeat the Corpus expedition before it unlocks the stuff and flees with the loot :)

Hack or whatever. You can make it a VERY difficult hack, or a hack that needs COOPERATION with team mates coordinating each other in some way (multiple terminals and stuff like that).

What do you think?

Edited by Vanadio

Trolling? in which manner? I don't get it, give an example please.

Okay, maybe not trolling. But how I see this:

First of all, I don't like timed events. That is a bit of a personal grudge/preference, so I won't expand it.

1) On solo, as the game stands, some missions may be too hard for you, or will require you to often go to cover to recover. If somebody added a timed event and went "Hey, if you're fast enough, you get extra loot!" I'd be more angry than anything.

2) What if your team is absolutely $&*&*#(%&? It's very likely you are not able to do this alone, especially if the team needs co-ordination (like all 4 players on the chest) to unlock the content. One guy could just go AFK, or be left behind and die. Or simply refuse to co-operate... You have people like that.

3) During boss, you are more than likely busy actually dealing with the boss.

4) After boss, people* generally don't want to tarry any longer and just get to the extraction point. Especially because some boss fights can be tiring or annoying, at low levels or with smaller groups. I'd be alright if a container appeared like "Hey, you killed the boss. Here, have some extra loot, or the boss' loot, as a reward" so I could quickly run over and grab stuff... But that'd be about it.

* = According to what I have seen around and, partially, from personal/friends' experience.

Edited by AndryB94

This would be aimed to the well organized play. Close-knit squads, they deserve better experience. It may sounds harsh but games that promote social interaction last longer.

You can play solo (and I also play solo, I like it to be viable) but you get "honors and obligations" to do that: maximum autonomy, you dictate the peace and the scope (rush/explore, better stealth gameplay <-- dreaming special missions only soloable) but get different rewards.

Edited by Vanadio

This would be aimed to the well organized play. Close-knit squads, they deserve better experience. It may sounds harsh but games that promote social interaction last longer.

You can play solo (and I also play solo, I like it to be viable) but you get "honors and obligations" to do that: maximum autonomy, you dictate the peace and the scope (rush/explore, better stealth gameplay <-- dreaming special missions only soloable) but get different rewards.

I see your point, the problem is that you can't force some players to have special events where the whole team has to be competent in order to achieve that.

See raids in MMORPGs.

You can have raids with random people (PUGs) or with your guilds/friends. The pugs are almost always less succesful than the organised ones. Do I need to say why?

A treasure-hunt type of mission would actually be quite cool. Given a map and a large open-ish (non-linear) environment, with the timer directly related to the original distance between you and the treasure/objective, you could have a special kind of mission. Similar to a raid, in a way, but for more competent people. You could have extra challenges in the way, like a mini-boss before the treasure (guarding it) or something like that.

I just wouldn't put it as a "random event" that can happen in any map.

I'm talking about a specific new mission type and the the idea can be implemented with different levels of "required organization".

i.e.:

a) Disorganized random PUG kill boss in a prefixed timelimit and each one hack a console. Pretty doable. You add basically nothing, just some hacking and some more feeling we are Tenno and this stuff is mine (lore).

b) Organized squad kills dynamically spawning mobs in specific areas of the boss map 'cause these mobs are planting explosives. You have to check where to focus. Mini boss kills. After that hack/defuse the thing with needed coordination (sort of cooperative puzzle I don't know).

Maybe an agility gimmick to reach the departing ship control room, lol.

Or a firing accuracy showcase to defuse a bomb. Again lol.

Time is the key. Make everything thrilling.

Edited by Vanadio