Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Can Only Be Hit X Times Per Second?

Ryanshow

So fighting against normal enemies with my gorgon I see them practically spilling numbers of damage all over the place like fountains, more so with the heavy enemies and ancients.

When some of the bosses come up though I only see them damaged from the gorgon a few times per second instead of the 50 bullets I just pumped in. what gives?

Are bosses only allowed to be hit a certain number of times per second?

I noticed that when using the Gorgon on the Jackle's legs. It always seems like my pistol or melee weapon worked better. Maybe I can test on some other bosses, it could be an accuracy issue that I have, or I'm using the gun wrong. ;)

Guessing it's a bug with the number-popping code. Shot Captain Councillor General Admiral Hek with my Snipertron, no numbers but his shield bar decreased. It was in solo, I was faraway so it's not in Shade's range, the ship wasn't on fire, impossible to be someone else shooting,

In the case of the Jackal, I was under the assumption that there's a damage limit per "cycle". What I mean is, after taking out his legs, I'd let rip with my buffed-up Braton, do a load of damage in like 2 seconds....and then suddenly, I'd be seeing blue shield-damage "1"s all over the place.

Yet if I used a slower weapon, or paced my damage a bit, I'd do the same amount of damage before the shield kicked in...just, more slowly.

In the case of the Jackal, I was under the assumption that there's a damage limit per "cycle". What I mean is, after taking out his legs, I'd let rip with my buffed-up Braton, do a load of damage in like 2 seconds....and then suddenly, I'd be seeing blue shield-damage "1"s all over the place.

Yet if I used a slower weapon, or paced my damage a bit, I'd do the same amount of damage before the shield kicked in...just, more slowly.

The Jackal is known to have both a timer and a maximum damage per "cycle". Whichever is over first is when it gets up.

I don't think that is the case, i'm personally able to take down krill with 3-4 magazines of my gorgon but if you really curious about it then use mag's bullet attractor and see if you do more damage.

Same thing happens. I've paid attention when mag uses this against a boss. I don't see anymore numbers than with it off. Makes me wonder if the bullets aren't reflecting on the server side but my clip decreases are...

It happens to me a lot.

When I solo a boss I simply chainsaw through it with my Gorgon but when I'm with a team it tends not to show any damage numbers.

Same thing with shotguns. If at all, only 2 of my 14 Pellets are shown by damage numbers.

Sometimes the boss takes normal damage though and sometimes it doesn't.

It's annoying anyway because I can never be certain if I actually hit the boss.

Developers plz fix this issue. It may have sth. to do with the hosting process.

I think the issue is with the floating combat text, not with damage calc's. Sometimes an alert assassination will give you a Grineer Commander as the target and I've noticed that more often than not he appears to be taking 0 damage when you are actually hurting him.