Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst/reactors Availability

MoeCharles

So I was just wondering if making the potatoes available on the market would be too OP?  As of right now I have had the incredible misfortune of missing every single potato alert in the past month or so, and the lottery is just as unforgiving(but that is understandable because it's a freakin' lottery, I don't expect much from it).  Now I'm not asking for them to be purchasable right away or anything, in fact I feel there should be some stronge restrictions on them for balance purposes.  Perhaps they could make it so you must level to mastery 5 or higher to get them, and on top of that make it so you can only purchase the blueprint for a SUBSTANTIAL SUM(I'm talking like over 150k here).  Or they could make it so one must gain a level of mastery only achievable through the purchase of extra slots, or going though the long and painful process of cycling though weapons and frames.  I realise that it is most likely their greatest source of income besides warframe slots and weapon slots, but if they make it difficult enough to obtain I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would still be buying them with platinum just to avoid the hassel.  

Wishfull thinkng?

They are available! Through plat! I wouldn'y hold your breathe on this one seeing as they drop them after livestreams and actually quite often lately!  PS 150k credits isn't much at all tbh.  That's farmable in an hour or so. Twitter go!

Edit: Typos and Tenno'ed

Edited by Firebat86

how do you manage to miss 12 hour alerts?

I was able to get the livestream alerts(so I suppose I did lie about not getting ANY this month, sorry about that, didn't mean to just forgot).  But I am a fairly social person and fairly busy, so though I am online everyday, I still manage to miss most of the important alerts for one reason or another(chilling with friends, family gatherings, doing homework, ect.)

They are available! Through plat! I wouldn'y hold your breathe on this one seeing as they drop them after livestreams and actually quite often lately!  PS 150k credits isn't much at all tbh.  That's farmable in an hour or so. Twitter go!

Edit: Typos and Tenno'ed

True, I was just putting a random number out there, if they do implement it they can set it to whatever they feel works.  It's just an idea I thought about and decided to put it out there and see what comes back.

I actually feel that the availability of catalysts/reactors is ok as it is, and if anything the alerts that drop it should be made more rare, because they are supposed to be a super scarce commodity.

Now, to avoid the outcry over this, a new catalyst/reactor could be introduced, with different tiers of quality, but nowhere near the effectiveness of the Orokin catalysts/reactors in the same levels of rarity as the mods we have now, with the orokin catalysts/reactors being legendary.

Edited by dragonboss

My favorite part of OP's post was when he said substantial sum and then followed it with 150k.

Hey now, I'm just making observations from my point of view. In my case I tend to spend most of my credits pretty quickly on mods and weapons.  It has slowed down recently because I was able to get all my slots filled and my mods are fairly decent(mind you once I get some more potatoes things will change).  But I have found that it does take a little longer for me to farm 100k credits(took me a couple days to get my first sentinal but that was in the beggining when I did't have everything unlocked).  There could be others like me who find gathering 150,000 credits a task, or I could be the only one and just need to step up my game, but either way that is not what the point of the post was.

I actually feel that the availability of catalysts/reactors is ok as it is, and if anything the alerts that drop it should be made more rare, because they are supposed to be a super scarce commodity.

Now, to avoid the outcry over this, a new catalyst/reactor could be introduced, with different tiers of quality, but nowhere near the effectiveness of the Orokin catalysts/reactors in the same levels of rarity as the mods we have now, with the orokin catalysts/reactors being legendary.

That's actually a very good idea. Three tiers of catalysts:

- standard (+10)

- advanced (+20)

- orokin (+30)

The first tier can be bought for credits (100k+), the second tier is a random bp reward on all the bosses requiring rare materials to build and the third remains as it is (or maybe it is turned plat only).

- standard (+10)

- advanced (+20)

- orokin (+30)

The first tier can be bought for credits (100k+), the second tier is a random bp reward on all the bosses requiring rare materials to build and the third remains as it is (or maybe it is turned plat only).

Exactly what I meant, thanks for adding a breakdown.

Edited by dragonboss

- standard (+10)

- advanced (+20)

- orokin (+30)

I like this idea simply because having a ghetto potato and a blue-collar potato would be nice in those weapons I'm only using for mastery rank.

- standard (+10)

- advanced (+20)

- orokin (+30)

Brilliant!!!  That a wonderful idea!  Would that also mean you can swap out the different reactors?  Or would applying the advanced or orokin teir just be a sort of upgrade?  

I find the timing for the potatoes to be quite terrible. If they arnt taking place at 6 in the morning im at work. I wouldnt be bothered by this so much if it hadnt of happened 3 times in a row now.

My friend has the exact same problem, as far as I know he has gotten absolutely none of the orokin alerts....ever.  Only the money ones.

- standard (+10)

- advanced (+20)

- orokin (+30)

Actually, the tiers could be based on the current factions:

Standard: Grineer Catalyst/Reactor (+10) Common

Advanced: Corpus Catalyst/Reactor (+15) Rare

Unstable: Infested Catalyst/Reactor (+5 to +20) Uncommon

Legendary: Orokin Catalyst/Reactor (+30) Legendary

Actually, the tiers could be based on the current factions:

Standard: Grineer Catalyst/Reactor (+10) Common

Advanced: Corpus Catalyst/Reactor (+15) Rare

Unstable: Infested Catalyst/Reactor (+5 to +20) Uncommon

Legendary: Orokin Catalyst/Reactor (+30) Legendary

Mabye the faction potatoes could also add too the look of the weapon?  Like unstable Catalysts giving a weapon a particle effect similar to that of the swarming stuff found in infested missions.  Or the corpus ones giving frames and weapons a sort of blue glow.  It seems there is a lot they could do with the potatoes.  They have a lot more potential then I initially thought.

Make the price too high and you'll still have people complaining that they miss the alerts, or that the price is too high. Make the price too low and you kill DE's source of income. Neither solution is ideal, yet we keep getting similar suggestions every day. Why?