Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Mode!

GoneM4d

New game mode Survival!!

Acts a little like defense mode but with a twist. In this defense mode you have to survive ongoing waves but the twist is that you are skinned of all your modules(due to a crash landing) as well as your warframe have been damged which results in inability to have modules installed for a extended period of time. Your only way out is to wait for HQ to bring a resqie ship, but while its coming you have to defende yourself from enemy and use mods that they drop.

Rules:

1. Every player starts with thier warframe but without any mods.

2. Mods are being dropped by mobs.

a. Mods drops rate is increased.

b. Mods last a limited time, depending on their level. A maxed level mod will last 10 waves how ever finding a similar mod can be used to increase its lasting period.

c. Dropped mods have random levels. So it is possible to find maxed out redirection as well as maxed flow.

d. Ability mods last twice as long.

3. Players have option to leave every 15 waves

4. There are no brakes between waves

5. Enemy are coming non stop!

6. Players will have access to warframe station which allows them to manipulate their mods.Station is located within a ship

7. Boss wave every 15th.

8. Reinforcement tenno can drop in every 15 waves. If they join at wave 60 they get to keep all their equipped mods but they do expire.(this idea was inspired by drunkpunk222)

Map idea: Imagine a ship which has crashed and tenno have to use ship or surroundings as cover!

Nice idea. One thing about it that bugs me, though. There's never going to be an opportunity to install the mods if the enemies are constantly coming at you, what if you automatically equipped them as you ran over them?

Nice idea. One thing about it that bugs me, though. There's never going to be an opportunity to install the mods if the enemies are constantly coming at you, what if you automatically equipped them as you ran over them?

You have to let your team know that you need to re-adjust the mods so you they have to hold out while you are doing it. You can quit the process any time tho, it doesn't reset anything you did tho. I was thinking about doing that in the first place tho, but then I realized that once you hit high waves you don't want your maxed redirection mod be replaced with a 2nd lvl flow mod.

Edited by GoneM4d

You have to let your team know that you need to re-adjust the mods so you they have to hold out while you are doing it. You can quit the process any time tho, it doesn't reset anything you did tho. I was thinking about doing that in the first place tho, but then I realized that once you hit high waves you don't want your maxed redirection mod be replaced with a 2nd lvl flow mod.

What about mods just auto cycling out (new, better mods replacing your worst mods)? That way game flow isn't broken.

What about mods just auto cycling out (new, better mods replacing your worst mods)? That way game flow isn't broken.

But what if you want to change up? You also have to remember the polarities, mod limit, and at start you start without any mods. 

You just go untill wave 30 or 45 then. Same as if you are playing Mobile defense or defense alone now.

I think he's asking "what if you're playing alone and you want to swap mods around and you have no one to defend you like you suggested previously?"

I think he's asking "what if you're playing alone and you want to swap mods around and you have no one to defend you like you suggested previously?"

Well I suppose there could be  some button on the ship which generates a small force-field for a limited time which will allow you to sort our your gear. What you think? Not my greatest idea but I'm sort of thinking on the spot.

4. There are no brakes between waves

5. Enemy are coming non stop!

How much time do you calculate for each wave? Shouldn't be more than a minute, when you have no pauses to let your warframe regenerate (or have a mouthful yourself).

And if you don't give the players a reason to leave the crashed ship with the warframe-station, you're probably gonna see two of them shooting out the door, one running around outside collecting mode while the fourth is equipping his warframe. Sounds a bit boring to me.

All in all a nice idea, but I'd rather make it like the survival-test for mastery-ranks.

Very nice idea actually!

I suggest this:

1) a large (HUGE) crash landing map (really, thats a nice idea lore-wise) with a lot of corridors, vents and so on. Really complicated.

2) mods that you and your sentinel have prior to entering the mission are scattered all around randomly. They are also visually different from "normal" mod drops. Like glow bright purple or have different in-game models.

3) pick them up! As soon as you pick a mod up, it automatically installs to the proper slot!

4) they are not that easy to find, since the map is quite large and enemies are coming non-stop.

5) when you leave the mission (either victory or failure) everything returns to normal.

That way we are solving several problems that may occur:

1) we are encouraging people to have proper gear for the mission as they do for other missions.

2) There is no fuss about installing mods on the spot while being swarmed.

3) finding a maxed serration from a random drop is like too much. Especially if you get to keep it after the mission ends.

4) finding a maxed multishot and having no mod slots for it (new weapon?) may cause severe bugs and possibly even exploits.

This whole sorting of mods thing would take away the one of the things that I really enjoy about Warframe; when you're in battle, you're in battle, there is no need to stop and change equipment for something better or stop to equip things, that is all done before hand.  Once you're playing, you're playing with how you stocked yourself and that is it.  All the looting, but none of the stop and let me equip this, or is this better than what I have, I'm not sure, and oh no, now I have an inventory limit and that is filled now I have to find something to dump.... all of these things do not exist in Warframe once you are in battle and it is better for it.

All the stop and go (and stop and go, and stop and go, and stop stop stop and finally going) of managing inventory, seeing if said weapon or mod is better than what I got and then equipping it while battling.... that system has really grinded me in a bad way now that so many games are doing it, and do we really need another game play similarly to Borderlands 2, Defiance, or any other looting RPG?

You want something like this to work, while keeping it simple and fast, all of your currently equiped mods effectiveness are randomly reduced between 25-75%, with the mods having a chance to be partly repaired or damaged 10-15% between rounds. 

How much time do you calculate for each wave? Shouldn't be more than a minute, when you have no pauses to let your warframe regenerate (or have a mouthful yourself).

And if you don't give the players a reason to leave the crashed ship with the warframe-station, you're probably gonna see two of them shooting out the door, one running around outside collecting mode while the fourth is equipping his warframe. Sounds a bit boring to me.

All in all a nice idea, but I'd rather make it like the survival-test for mastery-ranks.

Think like mobile defense but you are crash landed and only have your self to defend. They enemy comes as the same paste. The whole point is that you don't have time to access ship, enemies come non stop and you have little but no cover. At fist you have just your ship as defense and you have to fight your way to better defenses. But each time a player leaves to adjust his mods you might loose your gained defense going. I'm not talking about silly defense mission. I'm talking hardcore badS#&$ crazy defences, 30+grineer shooting at you with 5-9 napalm and 4-3 Rocket grineer at the same time and as you kill some of them more of them come but with +1 level. S#&$ IS OUT OF CONTROL SON!!!