The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Buffs

simeo77

Simple idea that I think would help make each frame "special".

Problem:

1) As it is it doesn't matter what weapon you use with each frame. This means the only variety of gameplay you receive when switching frames is the abilities one may use.

2) Frames aren't special in themselves and a lot of abilities *cough* Ash *cough* are buggy as it is. 

3) Mag.... a very small frame... is able to easily wield the same Scindo the Rhino frame is able to. Ash, the ninja frame, benefits from Paris just as easily as Banshee does. Excalibur easily wields a giant hammer or dark dagger just the same.

Hopefully you notice how balance doesn't seem to make sense with our weapon setup...

Solution: Give a small buff to a special weapon(s) depending on frame.

Examples:

1) BansheeParis should receive a draw buff to load and charge arrows faster.

2) RhinoHeavy Weapons should receive a swing speed and/or damage buff

3) NixAKLato/AKBolto receives a fire rate buff. Firing two pistols requires a lot of concentration. A mental frame using dual pistols easier would make sense. 

4) AshDagger/Piercing should receive a damage buff.

5) Mag - Should receive a buff on the Glaive. It's thrown and she would logically be able to attract it towards her faster = more damage or faster return time on the glaive

6) Excalibur - Should receive a damage and/or swing speed buff to slashing type weapons. It's name is Excalibur.... this just makes sense. 

7) Ember - Machine pistol buff. Maybe in the form of ammo max boost . She's picture with them in the wiki... just connecting the dots. 

8) Frost - Buff on Axe weapons (Dual Zoren and/or Scindo). Buff would be Elemental?

9) Loki - Buff on shotguns. (Invis close to attack, when invis wears off he's close range killer)?

10) Saryn - Swing speed buff on dual swords. This would work well with her contagion ability.

11) Volt - Damage buff on snipetron.

12) Trinity - Buff on staff type weapons.

Result: I feel this would create more incentive to play a particular frame and to expand into different play styles and weapons.

Please comment with your ideas.

Edited by simeo77

this would kill alot of the customization in the game.

the idea is that each frame is a "template" you can equip with whatever you want. while still having things affect you. like thinking about ammo efficiency or pairing a short range weapon with a long range one.

buffs would basically tell people "this is the only real way to play this" as even now people fight over small percentages as if its the only viable option for that weapon type.

not something i would want personally.

Edited by MetalGerbil

It's not a bad idea, but it would reinforce the idea of classes, make playing without these weapons subpar, which I don't think is what the game is going for.

It's a battle between people who like class specialization and people who like jack-of-all-trades gameplay.

This is a really cool idea that would add some interesting aspects to the game and allow the devs to add more of an identity to each frame.

(I think that the title of this may drive some people away from reading it thinking that you were just wanting weapons to be buffed which is too bad because this could use some conversation.)

the idea is that each frame is a "template" you can equip with whatever you want. while still having things affect you. like thinking about ammo efficiency or pairing a short range weapon with a long range one.

buffs would basically tell people "this is the only real way to play this" as even now people fight over small percentages as if its the only viable option for that weapon type.

definitely a good point. It would make you feel like you were losing out by using something not buffed by the frame. mind changed lol cool idea but could be hard to make everything feel useful

I find the flexibility between frames and weapons refreshing.

It allows the player to cater to any prefered playstyle without having to sacrifice. Such changes would only restrict what players would/should/could use. And then the elitism and min/maxing ensues.

I agree with this view, I love having the ability to swap out frames for specific abilities and keep my preferred weapon configuration. Putting this kind of restrictions on these frames reduced the amount of game play you can have. With this setup, sure each frame is more specialized, but this will also reduce the amount of mixing of styles of play.

And we all want more customization and not the other way around. that just my view though.

-[Ony]-