Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Levels And Upgrades

unmog

I had a question concerning the levels of your weapons. I was recently playing a game with a friend when he mentioned he was just starting to level a new gun and wanted to do missions with low enemy levels... he seemed to think higher level enemies took less damage from lower level guns. I don't think this is true, is it? The guns seem to do a flat base damage regardless of their level, or the enemies they shoot. The only difference with enemy level is they get more health or perhaps even armor. As a weapon levels up it only gets more mod capacity right? The only thing that lowers damage is enemy armor rates and the only thing that increases it is what mods you have equipped... or am I mistaken?

Though after I was thinking about it, why "doesn't" the base damage of a weapon go up a percentage as you level it? When you level your warframe you get more health and shield after all right? Or does this already happen? When I check the damage of my level 30 weapons the stats of it appear in the game to be the same as a level 0 one in the store/wiki.

Now I don't know if my friend is right or not, about the base damage being lowered against higher level enemies, but I don't think that is correct. I just think that a weapon "should" get better as well as you level it some, even if only by a little bit. It'd also be nice if as you increased your "Mastery" level that you got some sort of buff for that as well. Maybe some sort of static buff to all damage, or armor rating, or shielding/health etc. Or maybe let the player pick what kind of buff they want at every level so people could have some more diversity about how they get stronger. Could scale that with their attempts to figure out challenge ratings and difficulty levels etc.

About upgrades:

I know they mentioned on the live stream about the idea to prestige weapons and frames for a new/different polarity slot. I was wondering about the weapons without polarity slots though, if you could add one somewhere. Anyway, I don't really mean that, and I saw others people have somewhat mentioned upgrades but couldn't really find a thread specific for them.

What I was thinking would be like an accessory slot on a weapon perhaps, similar to them already having a catalyst slot you can add, or like how armor's all have an option for another helmet. Maybe an option to throw in a silencer to make it a silent weapon, a barrel upgrade to do a percentage more damage. Maybe extended clips. Maybe a stock to reduce recoil, scope/laser sights to increase accuracy. Maybe a new blade for my sword or a better grip or guard? Things like that, maybe some weapons have more accessory slots than others, maybe they all have one, maybe some have none? Maybe the mods have a downsize to them, silencer might decrease damage for instance. I'd rather not get into all the balancing aspects that people seem to obsess about, just saying more customization is generally a good thing.

Regardless of how the accessories are acquired, whether it be buying them or if a certain level was necessary or if you craft it yourself [i vote for crafting, since the Tenno are all sort of all about customizing their stuff in the first place] I am just saying that it would be cool if we could customize our stuff even more than we can now with adding mods or picking colors... even if the accessory slot wasn't even visible on the gun at first since I know it'd probably be a bit of work adding different variations of each gun, like with a different barrel or stock or scope/sights or silencer etc. But I do think the effort would be worth it and would add more layers to character customization.

I've heard it mentioned that some people were wanting male/female counterparts for each of the armors/characters, which I think is nice and a step in the right direction. But what I'd really prefer is something with a bit more worth behind it instead of just cosmetic changes. Maybe Blacklight has spoiled me some but I really like the idea of custom building my own weapons, or in this case at least more customization options for them. It couldn't be that hard to add some extra weapon parts/options after all could it?

Edited by unmog