Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"don't Make Me Host" Option Suggestion

Essenzo

I'd find it really useful, and other members too if we could have an option declaring a "no-no" on putting us host. I understand that when you solo you need to host, or if everyone clicked this option it could cause problems, but many customers don't have that good internet connection. It would benefit peers too if we could lessen lag this way.

I think they may be working on this for the future updates.  Devs did mention during last livestream that they're trying to optimize all sorts of co-op latency issues; hopefully an algorithm to automatically (or a clickable option) make the person with the best connection host is in the plans.

Also, for Solo play, there's no connection to the internet except when updating your profile at mission end.  I can start a Solo match, pause, close my laptop so it goes to sleep, unplug it, drive to my local library (or *$ if I drank coffee) and continue playing.  Actually could probably pause the game, go to a location where there's no internet at all, finish the mission without extracting, get back to a place with internet, extract and still have progress saved.  Yup, Solo is kinda neat.

Edited by Gestalt

Oh, I usually don't solo so I didn't know that. I usually don't watch livestreams, 1hr+ is too long. I watch summaries about what they talked about though. Good point about people only wanting to host or an algorithm to chose the best host. What I find weird is that I have terribly bad internet. It may be because I live in Quebec, but I'm always the host. I enter an already existing game, I'm changed to host. I start a game, I'm host. Host leaves, I become host, ugh.

I think they may be working on this for the future updates.  Devs did mention during last livestream that they're trying to optimize all sorts of co-op latency issues; hopefully an algorithm to automatically (or a clickable option) make the person with the best connection host is in the plans.

Also, for Solo play, there's no connection to the internet except when updating your profile at mission end.  I can start a Solo match, pause, close my laptop so it goes to sleep, unplug it, drive to my local library (or *$ if I drank coffee) and continue playing.  Actually could probably pause the game, go to a location where there's no internet at all, finish the mission without extracting, get back to a place with internet, extract and still have progress saved.  Yup, Solo is kinda neat.

Wow never knew that. I knew you could pause it. I've started an alert I didn't want to miss, paused it, and came back hours later to finish it. But that was all without DCing of course.

Yeah, apparently when you're in a solo mission, there is absolutely no connectivity check.  I found this out the hard way over many missions, back when I still exclusively solo.  I'd play a long &#! game where I kill hundreds of infested, farmed tons of mods, extract and found out I'm stuck in the black screen, atl-tabbed and found out my isp crapped out again, and had to wait for the game to drop back to menu with the pop up of hell "progress not saved."  Since then, whenever I solo, I would alt-tab just before extraction, make sure internet is solid, and then extract.  It's a pain.

Back on topic, here's the part in the last livestream where they talk about fixing latency and host selection issues.  Starts at 1:02:03 ish in case the crappy youtube timestamp doesn't work, as it usually doesn't.  http://youtu.be/SesYNaURgLw?t=1h2m3s