Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion)Locking Down The Base Ourselves.

Enomilli

I've noticed that we have the ability to shut down the defenses...but in certain situations maybe we could have the ability to lock the doors ourselves.

Sometimes you get overran by Grineer when soloing or in fact maybe even in a party...but if we could lock the doors ourselves...it could possibly be a time of breathing room for us.

Here is how it would work:

Hacking:

The hacking challenge would consist of multiple levels, each getting harder and harder as they progress.

Only one comrade can do this at a time and if you fail...you cannot shut the system down for maybe 3 minutes since the system itself would go into emergency lock-down and put up walls not even the Tenno can get past.

The challenge of hacking would be like the ones in the Hacking Mastery Challenge because those ones are very difficult and would suffice and bring a bit of spice to things.

You would have a set amount of time to hack the the levels and once you did you would shut down the base.

This would not be indefinite...as the corresponding faction would know how to get back into their system and free themselves...you could probably have a minute or two of the base being locked up before the faction eventually released themselves.

Things like this could make things a bit easier for bosses and soloers alike and give about 1 or 2 minutes of no enemies being able to make it into the room...

It should also possess a cool down so that way it cannot be spammed...so if you lock the base down you could not do the same thing for maybe 10 minutes or so...that way you cannot blow through defense missions or something.

It's simply a thought...tell me what you think...ways to improve this or other ideas that may be similar...

It would be nice to put the brains of the Tenno to the test.

Edited by Ystella

Interesting idea.

It'd probably need to be disabled for Endless Defence and Mobile Defence missions.

Either that or enemies would need to be able to deactivate the lock down on their own.

Read the entire thing next time please...I've stated that they would be able to.

Read the entire thing next time please...I've stated that they would be able to.

Had to leave for a job interview so didn't have the time for more than the first sentence.

Reading it now.

Edit: I've read it and it seems like it'd be fun.

Could be used to group the enemy into one massive wave.

It would be the perfect time to use aoe skills or bolt weapons.

Imagine having 50 or so grineer lancers grouped together and then unloading into them with a boltor/gorgon.

Edited by Seraphim_ZA

Had to leave for a job interview so didn't have the time for more than the first sentence.

Reading it now.

Edit: I've read it and it seems like it'd be fun.

Could be used to group the enemy into one massive wave.

It would be the perfect time to use aoe skills or bolt weapons.

Imagine having 50 or so grineer lancers grouped together and then unloading into them with a boltor/gorgon.

Oh okay I'm sorry...I'm glad you like the idea...as ninja we should be more tactful so I was hoping this would be a nice way to do things.

I can't like it until you've come up with an idea to prevent people from purposely doing this to troll other players.  By ex.  I rush ahead and lock the door before other players reach me.

I would find this extremely annoying for people to do this, and there ARE people who would do this.  See this:  

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44456-need-vote-kick-feature-info-inside/

Read the example.