Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Of Aerial Spin Attack Breaks A Balance

ganbaru

This glitch (or specification?) is used by many players including me.

It depends on attacking speed. So as you know dual zoren is the most suitable weapon. Pits? Stairs? Using Rhino? no matter, just using sprint-jump-sliding-melee attack! you'll fly a half-way of map tile in a half-second!

I don't like this behavior because it breaks many level-design and balance between warframes. I hope this glitch fixed like a wave-dash is so. A little boosting is ok but current is too much you know.

Thank you and sorry for my broken english that depends on google translation.

I am for the skillful tricks with engines, but the jump melee trick is too much for a single reason: it makes warframes speeds equal, and this is not good cause each one should have its own "drawbacks". When I do it with Rhino I feel like I'm cheating...

Edited by Vanadio

This glitch (or specification?) is used by many players including me.

It depends on attacking speed. So as you know dual zoren is the most suitable weapon. Pits? Stairs? Using Rhino? no matter, just using sprint-jump-sliding-melee attack! you'll fly a half-way of map tile in a half-second!

I don't like this behavior because it breaks many level-design and balance between warframes. I hope this glitch fixed like a wave-dash is so. A little boosting is ok but current is too much you know.

Thank you and sorry for my broken english that depends on google translation.

I disagree - I actually use this technique a lot.  For long hall ways and bridges, it's helpful because it gets me to the other side of those without being shot up so many times by enemies on the other side.  And unlike the Wave-dash, it takes fast weapons to use, and it takes up your stamina quicker.

It is still adversely affecting game balance like the wave dashing did.  And yes, I've seen a number of players using this technique recently and it is almost as ugly as wave dashing.  If you want to move faster than normal, then use sprint until you run out of stamina and then start using repeated rolling followed by more sprinting.  There is no excuse for abusing any attack maneuver to boost movement speeds.

While I'm guessing it's a bug and I'm always for balancing, even if it impacts me personally negatively.... I really hope this isn't going to be patched, just because it's so much fun :-)

But yeah, it does bring some negative influences to the game, e.g. the lack of need to equip Marathon, Quick Rest or the Rush mod on frames (leaving space for higher levels continuity/flow/streamline/etc.)

My brain says: patch, my heart is saying: please don't, it's just so funny :-)

Edited by sGs.salp

I disagree again.  I still use Marathon, Quick Rest, and Rush mods on my Ash, and use this technique with Fangs.  

Also, I don't leave my teammates.  I'll only go so far before stopping and waiting.

Since when did Ninja's NOT scout ahead?...